abs

Hi. I have been working out for a little while now and have seen an increase in muscle on my pecs and arms, which is what i wanted. However, i also wanted a 6-pack. I 5'6 and weigh 140 lbs. From what i have read i just need to eat health and do cardio. I have been doing wieghts and no cardio so that may help. I am a slightly picky eater. I dont care for veggies but love fruits and meats. Can anyone help me with a diet plan as far as the two main courses?

Right now I eat a nutrigrain bar and drink a carton of milk (10 fl oz.) for breakfast at 7:30

Around 10 I eat a banana.

I take lunch around 12:30. This is where i dont know what to eat. I used to eat roman noodles, tuna, or turkey sandwich.

At 3:00 i have another fruit. Usually an apple.

I then work out at 4:45 and work out till 6ish. This time will go up when i start doing cardio. I do this between 3-5 times a weeks

At dinner, 7ish, I always have my meat. It is usually chicken and rice.

As you can see no veggies but i have fruits and some good meats. If anyone has an ideas or comments, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

It sounds like you are on the right track. I won't give you an exact diet, but you want to get your calories in a carb/protein/fat ratio of something like 60/20/20 or 40/40/20. The cardio is a great thing to add to the mix as what gives your muscles definition is the lack of a layer of fat between them and the skin - so you need to drop fat to "see" the 6 pack that is already there.

I also applaud you for eating lots of small meals. This will also help with keping your body working and burning that fat. Ideally you should eat 5 or 6 meals in a day and you are pretty much there.

Back