Abrupt body change, weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

actusreus73

Here's the short story:

6'3 male, age 45. 8 years ago i divorced, and like many, lost a lot of weight. kept my same 6 day weekly, reasonably intense (20-60 minute mostly cardio) regimen going, but stopped eating. Dropped from 233 to 183. Started eating again, but this time very carefully, most of the time, came up to about 195, which felt healthy. Over the last five years, I've fluctuated, based on diet, but could always, with just a couple days of 1500 calorie per day reducing, drop back down to around 193 if i wanted to. The highest i've been back up to was 210. This continued until April of this year. All of the sudden, as of April, i can't get down below 198 using the same tactics. Exercise has remained mostly static. I've been on the 1500 (aproximately) calorie diet for 2 weeks now, and I can't get below the 198 lbs. It's like my body has decided on a new set weight without telling me. I know getting older can have this effect, but it was practically overnight. Any ideas on cause? I'm not suffering, that i know of, from any ailments or taking any drugs that might contribute.

I wish I did know. My body is doing the same. Stick with it & you should see another loss. Lots of people here swear by intermittent fasting. You could try only eating within an 8-hour "window" & fast for the other 16. Stick to your <1500 cals & see how that goes. I'm going to cut down my carbs, in particular, the starchy ones like bread, potatoes, rice & pasta.

one post, two months ago... last seen one month ago.
sometimes it's a good idea to look at the dates and activity.
i notice there is a preponderance of single-post members.

I think a lot of that is the expectation of instant answers these days. I like that most members here try to help others, even new members, which is a very good sign I think.
:iagree: in many ways society is all about the now, that includes weight loss, which leads to the large number of scam diets to be found online promising fast results with no effort.

I agree with Cate and Trusylver, I think a lot of people are looking (maybe desperately) for a quick fix, and this forum doesn't offer one. That's why so many "dieting" advertisements are based on some, usually unreasonable, promise of really fast weight loss. It's the best way to get people to part with their money.

I know I investigated and even tried a lot of stuff for a little while, I can relate to those single posters. All we can do is offer what advice and support we have and hope some of them stick around. Some do, Flyer, you and later I did. Maybe Actus will come back, I hope he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back