Ab appearance

I've been wondering, sometimes I have the great abs I want, sometimes they're not as good as I want them. This happens the same day. It's not because I'm undecisive about how I'd like my to look like, it's because when I look myself in the mirror, different times of the day and under different lighting my abs look different. So I cannot really tell if my abs are great or not because they are much different under different surroundings, enviroment and most important light (especially when coming from a lightbulb). Anyone had this similar issues or maybe some comments on this. I think the lightbulb from some angle throws some shadows on the abs so you can see the lines of your abdominal muscles better and give you a better impression.

Yep always look at yourself at night LOL

oh my god yes- i know exactly what you mean. like i posted in my other thread, if i flex my abs i can see them.. but not as sickly ripped as id like them. and the funny thing is. in different mirrors, i can see my abs different. in some mirrors i have no definition at all. in some light enviornments i look FAT. but then in some i look pretty cut and in some mirrors i can see my abs pretty well. weird..! damn light

ArtificialWings said:
oh my god yes- i know exactly what you mean. like i posted in my other thread, if i flex my abs i can see them.. but not as sickly ripped as id like them. and the funny thing is. in different mirrors, i can see my abs different. in some mirrors i have no definition at all. in some light enviornments i look FAT. but then in some i look pretty cut and in some mirrors i can see my abs pretty well. weird..! damn light

Yep that's it. It's messed up cuz I cannot make an objective judgment on how my abs look like, sometimes they look terrible and sometimes I have the abs I wanted . Maybe from some of the more experienced people some tips about how to get the real situation of your abs, in what kind of enviroment to do that.How to get the same impression that other people get when they're looking at them, that's what's needed. So if anyone has any advice on this go ahead

Yeah, I know what your saying. You gotta make sure the lightbulb is above you so it leaves shadows under each ab muscle so then you can look in the mirror and be like, "HOLY HELL I'm ripped!" I actually was taking pictures and I think my pictures actually show the difference light can make :) .

That 2nd picture down there I'm actually flexing my abs, but you can't even tell because of the bad light :mad: .

Attachments

• abs.JPG
    abs.JPG
    9.2 KB · Views: 410
  • abs2.JPG
    abs2.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 1,016
  • abs3.JPG
    abs3.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 373
Good job PeePs, you've got a very low body fat level that allows you to have nice abs and see them. My abs are really worked out, they're pretty big but I have some bodyfat that prevents them from being the abs I want them to be. I need to diet. As far as pics are concerned see my pic, the pic that I have when I post something look at it, you can see some abs there too. I think that you need to work out your abs a little bit more so they grow more in size and they'll be great because you have no problem with body fat, nice work, keep it up!

In that pic it sure looks like you have low body fat and some nicely defined abs too.

I think that you need to work out your abs a little bit more so they grow more in size and they'll be great

Exactly ;) .

Back