A meetup (imaginary or otherwise)

Cate

Long term member
OK.....
I have met a few people from the forum over the years & it was wonderful. I feel I have some strong & real friendships in this forum.
This may just be a bit of fun & that won't hurt & might never actually happen, but if I can I will keep trying to catch up with my forum friends in "real life".
Where would be a "central" place for us to meet up?
I'll kick this off.
I live in Tasmania, Australia.

Last edited:
My home is in South Australia! So that means that so far, the geographic "centre" would be somewhere round Ballarat. :p

(But actually I usually use up my travel budget just visiting family.)

Especially as I suspect the "centre" is going to move away from Australia fairly soon. But if we were doing it - your entry has moved us up somewhere closer to Canberra! :D

What a great idea, and if someone has a private jet that can pick us all up I'll be there!

Otherwise take lots of pictures.

Utah would be a nice place, we have more national parks than any other US state. And sort of equidistant from Australia and Austria Be sure to let us know where and when you end up, who knows might be in the neighborhood.

I think adding in Austria took us to a "centre" of around Oman; adding Utah to the mix would take us to.... (pause to consult a map) ... mid-Atlantic Ocean! We don't need a private jet; we need a yacht!

Never been to Oman, but I have been to Saudi and some of the Gulf States. The Westerners I met there all spoke highly of Oman, it was a favored place to work and visit. Being illegal to show anger can't be all bad, and legal alcohol in hotels is actually quite liberal for the region. But it ain't San Diego.

I don't have the time or money to travel, unfortunately though if anyone wants to come to Richmond, VA and meet I'm game lol.

I don't have the time or money to travel, unfortunately though if anyone wants to come to Richmond, VA and meet I'm game lol.
i have a nephew who is a National Park Ranger who lives out by Dulles and both my folks are now in Arlington, so i'm in the DC area now and then though i could suggest to anyone to avoid mid winter and especially mid to late summer in that area. and thank God for the Metro... traffic is a nightmare you don't want to tackle there. i expect Richmond is a bit more quaint and a lot less busy.

I like the idea of coming up with a place that takes about the same time to get there for most of us & would be nice to visit. It's a geographic challenge as much as anything :)
I can't see myself going to the US again for a long time. I could, however, go to Canada, specifically British Columbia as I have a niece there that I would like to visit.
I could happily go back to Vietnam, especially Hanoi.
Really I think this is just a bit of fun & a nice idea, but catching up (in 'real-life') is probably much easier & more likely one on one.

Cate you are pretty well travelled .

Back