Weight-Loss 90 days for a change!

Weight-Loss
Quercus said:
I really have to get my eating back on track. I didn't go over by much yesterday, but I'm still at zero. I have kept up with the exercise and water. Monday was just stretching and a little walking, but better than nothing. I pushed pretty hard yesterday and the knee feels okay. I think I can really get back to burning some calories and getting the heart rate up with the elliptical runner.

Stay strong Q! You can do it! :)

How is it going folks? C'mon! If I can do it you can do it too! :)

I will stick to 2200 Kcal (or below) for the following 90 days in a row (10 / 90).

I will drink 1 liter of water for the following 90 days in a row (10 / 90).
- I will drink 1.5 liters of water for the following 80 days in a row (0/ 80).

I will do 10 min of cardio for the following 90 days in a row (9 / 90).

I will I will walk for 30 min the following 90 days in a row (10/ 90).
- I will I will walk for 35 min the following 80 days in a row (0/ 80).

I will avoid gluten grains (and derivates) from 90 days (10 / 90).

I haven't finished eating today but I'm marking my calorie goal as done since I don't intend on going past 2200.

I'm gonna be bumping my minium walking to 35 min and water to 1.5 liters starting from tomorrow. Not going to touch the cardio just yet unless I happen to stall with my weight.

My gluten goal is definitely proving to be a pain, since there's no possible progression for it. Either I avoid them or I don't (this is the part where my own rules come back to bite me in the ass :biggrinjester:). But it's not gonna be me who breaks them, and since I already said I'm doing that, I gotta comply.

I intend to finish this challenge even if I'm the only one posting on it.

I will stick to 2200 Kcal (or below) for the following 90 days in a row (13 / 90).

- I will drink 1.5 liters of water for the following 80 days in a row (3 / 80).

I will do 10 min of cardio for the following 90 days in a row (12 / 90).

- I will I will walk for 35 min the following 80 days in a row (3/ 80).

I will avoid gluten grains (and derivates) from 90 days (13 / 90).

Day 14 is done. 2 weeks in and counting!

I will stick to 2200 Kcal (or below) for the following 90 days in a row (14 / 90).

- I will drink 1.5 liters of water for the following 80 days in a row (4 / 80).

I will do 10 min of cardio for the following 90 days in a row (13 / 90).

- I will I will walk for 35 min the following 80 days in a row (4/ 80).

I will avoid gluten grains (and derivates) from 90 days (14 / 90).

Great work Athala!

I'm resetting the clock on everything. I have drank the water, but everything else is actually 0 anyway. I may not be counting the calories, but since losing weight is the goal as long as the weight keeps coming down I will count the days as 2,300. Really it's 90 days of not overeating. Overeating is required to keep my excess weight so not overeating means losing weight.

Welcome back Q! That is a good goal as well. Anything that works is gonna be fine. :)

--

It's time for me to start raising the bar a bit.

I will stick to 2200 Kcal (or below) for the following 90 days in a row (16 / 90).

- I will drink 1.5 liters of water for the following 80 days in a row (6 / 80).
-- I will drink 3 liters of water for the following 74 days in a row (0 / 74).

I will do 10 min of cardio for the following 90 days in a row (15 / 90).
- I will do 15 min of cardio for the following 75 days in a row (0 / 75).

- I will I will walk for 35 min the following 80 days in a row (6/ 80).
-- I will I will walk for 45 min the following 80 days in a row (0 / 74).

I will avoid gluten grains (and derivates) from 90 days (16 / 90).

Sounds like a great idea! I will start tommorow!

I will stick to 1500 Kcal (or below) for the following 90 days in a row (1 / 90).
I will drink 1 liter of water for the following 90 days in a row (1 / 90).
I will do 10 min of cardio for the following 90 days in a row (1 / 90).
I will I will walk for 30 min the following 90 days in a row (1 / 90) .

Last edited:
Welcome L33T!

--

Okay, I've fucked up my cardio today. Will have to start again tomorrow.

I will stick to 2200 Kcal (or below) for the following 90 days in a row (17 / 90).

- I will drink 1.5 liters of water for the following 80 days in a row (6 / 80).
-- I will drink 3 liters of water for the following 74 days in a row (1 / 74).

I will do 15 min of cardio for the following 90 days in a row (0 / 90).

- I will I will walk for 35 min the following 80 days in a row (6/ 80).
-- I will I will walk for 45 min the following 74 days in a row (1 / 74).

I will avoid gluten grains (and derivates) from 90 days (17 / 90).

I will not overeat for the following 90 days in a row (6 / 90).

I will drink 2 liters of water for the following 90 days in a row (6 / 90).

I will exercise for the following 90 days in a row (6 / 90).

NEW Start date July 16th.

*I will lose 0.2 pounds a day (average) 90 days in a row. (0 /90) Started July 19th

*Goal will be met by going from 299.0 on 7/19 to 281 on 10/17. I'll update the number anytime I weigh in at or under goal.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I have finally been given the okay by the doctor to resume regular exercise. Actually she was hinting at it for a while but I have finally made a commitment to start after all of these months of wanting to start but having setbacks. I was going to wait until the new month to start but figured, why not now.

So I know I am behind in this challenge but I am going to commit to something for the next 60 Days which will bring me to September 26th. so here goes.

Starting tomorrow 28 July 2014 I will:

1. Drink at least 8 glasses of water

2. Eat no more than 2000 calories a day

3. Exercise at minimum 20 minutes a day

4. Relax/mediate minimum 5 minutes a day

It is time for me to join my first challenge. Here is what my next 90-days are going to look like:

1. I am going to weigh my food as much as I can with a scale. I have been weighing mostly with cups.

2. Calorie range: 100-1450/day Fiber range: 25-40 grams/day

3. I will no longer talk about how much I hate exercise. The only time I may talk about my disdain for exercise would be when I am telling my story to encourage someone. And, every time I exercise, I will find at least one cool thing specific to that exercise period.

4. I will write down my calories BEFORE I eat.

5. By the end of July, I will buy a heart-rate watch so I don't have to rely on my faulty phone app or calorie counter on my old tread mill, both of which have stopped working at times, making it frustrating, and near impossible to measure improvement, even though I know I did that workout.

6. I will exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes every day (cardio).

7. At the end of the 100 days, I will reward myself by running my very first 5K race, something I never though I would be able to do!

I CAN DO IT!

Welcome Transparent and Mary!

--

Well folks, let's just say that the reason for my absence was that I... Failed miserably, so to speak... :blush5:

I can't seem to work with counting calories or macros (that's even worse). I'm just too OCD for it.

The last two days I've been taking the more laid-back approach and just focusing on maintaining a healthy diet and sticking to just 3 meals / day. No snacking. This actually works great for me and keeps me from obsessing about stuff, which is when I have problems.

So I'm starting again as well.

** I will not overeat for the following 90 days.
** Will walk for 45 min for the following 90 days.
** Will drink 3 liters water for the following 90 days.

Will start 'officially' tomorrow. I hope you all are doing well.

Thank you AthalaRanger.

Okay check in time. Well, I was a bit disappointed in that I failed to exercise yesterday, everything else I have been hitting 100% on target. So I guess I am back to square one, and have a one day streak.

does more walking that you are used to while shopping count as exercise?:blush5:

So how's it going for all of you folks? :)

I got 1 day of proper eating, but didn't do the walking or got a proper water intake, so that's what I'll be working on today.

** I will not overeat for the following 90 days (1 / 90) -- Started Thursday, July 31 --
** Will walk for 45 min for the following 90 days (0/ 90) -- Started Friday, August 1 --
** Will drink 3 liters water for the following 90 days 0/ 90) -- Started Friday, August 1 --

Aaarrgghh, I am riding the one day streak of batting 100% but I will not be deterred...

water part of the challenge batting 100%
daily calorie part of the challenge, batting 100%
relaxing part, batting 100%
exercise everyday, batting 50%:svengo:

Hey guys, can I join in too? Late to the party but I started something similar ten days ago and today I need someone to hold me accountable... Hope you don´t mind! The plan is to:

- drink 2 l of water a day (at least). 10/48
- walk or exercise for 30´ a day (at least). 10/48
- not eat anything that I know might aggravate my skin sondition. 10/48
- not drink any alcohol. 10/48

The last ones are absolutes, no chance of bumping them up, but they are the most important ones so I´m keeping them in anyway. I´m planning seven weeks (or actually 48 days) for the time being but I hope to extend it to the full 90 after that! Just can´t think about three months at a time...

Sure! welcome LaMa! :grouphug:

--

Transparent said:
Aaarrgghh, I am riding the one day streak of batting 100% but I will not be deterred...

water part of the challenge batting 100%
daily calorie part of the challenge, batting 100%
relaxing part, batting 100%
exercise everyday, batting 50%

You can always add some brisk walking sessions here and there as exercise if you don't really feel like doing anything else :) Being flexible is still a pretty big part of the challenge, since it's necessary in order to survive the 90 days.
:biggrinjester:

--

** I will not overeat for the following 90 days (2 / 90) -- Started Thursday, July 31 --
** Will walk for 45 min for the following 90 days (1 / 90) -- Started Saturday, August 2 --
** Will drink 3 liters water for the following 90 days (0/ 90) -- Started Saturday, August 2 --

I only got 30 mins of walking yesterday, and I didn't track my water intake, so I'm starting these two today :) Already got the walking part done and shouldn't have too much problem with the other 2.

Enjoy your weekend folks!

You´re certainly making this a good weekend!

Going to add one point to the list:
- no icecream, not even the handmade stuff that is only bad caloriewise... 0/48...
- drink 2 l of water a day (at least). 12/48 Make that 2.5 starting today, going to keep counting forward though.
- walk or exercise for 30´ a day (at least). 12/48
- not eat anything that I know might aggravate my skin condition. 12/48
- not drink any alcohol. 12/48 (Was tough today. And yesterday. But I made it.)

Walked for 1.5 hours, but not very fast, will be doing some upper body strength later.

You're doing pretty well LaMa. Congrats. The more days you get the more incentive you have to stay on track.

I had to restart the 3 of my goals yesterday... But so far I'm doing great and once I get into the habit it should be easy to keep up. The ones I have are not hard goals. I I'm neglecting the discipline part.

Keep going folks! I know Q has had some health issues, but how's the rest of you doing?

Back