Phase 3
- More intense GVT ( 21 days)

Goal: Muscle volume / better body fat %

Height: 6'2
Starting weight: 157

Pre GVT
10/5/05

8:25pm
- I plan on getting a good night sleep in preparation of pain.
G'night.

Last edited:
Good luck!

German Volume Training

Day one
1/77 Phase 1/3
October 06, 2005

Chest + Back;
Start - 4:26pm
WARM UP
  • 130 jumping jacks
  • 50 push ups
  • Strech
  • 1x 20 rep light weight set

WORKOUT
  • Incline dumbell press
    10 sets of 10
    - I got the 1st 5 set perfectly, 6 six got 9 as did 7, 8 got 8, 9 painfully made it to ten and I went all out for the 10th set and hit 10.
    Form wasn't perfect for 6 - 9, but I tried the best I could to keep it in control. I managed to keep up with the temp 4-0-2 pretty well I think.
  • Bent Over Two-Dumbbell Row
    Hit all ten sets with 10 reps no problem. Tempo wasn't great, I did a 3-1-1 1/2, just something I have to work on. Gotta slow it down a bit
End: 5:27

All in all wasn't bad, I didn't think it would be really. Chest + back are allways my favorite. I actually enjoy 10 / 10 for a change.
Can't wait to do cardio tomarrow, it's been a week since I did hiit.
I also just realized with the one exersize a muscle thing going on here this is be the most boring log ever.. :D

Last edited:
Day two
2/77 Phase 1/3
October 07, 2005

I was going to do arms + shoulders today.
Change of plans, Since I'm new to this and I did my chest yesterday I think it's best not to work my biceps today. They got a little work out yesterday and I don't want to over work them today. I'll give it one days rest.

WARM UP
  • OFF DAY

WORKOUT
  • OFF DAY
  • crunches 25 reps x 6

Last edited:
Day three
3/77 Phase 1/3
October 08, 2005

Arms + shoulders (triceps);
Start - 3:00pm
WARM UP
  • 100 Jumping jacks
  • 30 push ups

WORKOUT
  • 10 sets of 10 hammer curls
  • 10 sets of 10 Arnold Dumbbell Press

- Hammer curls were harder than I thought they would be. My tempo was good and I hit the 1st 5 sets perfect, 6 and 7 I made it to 7 reps, the 8th made it to 5. I alternated 9 and 10 and made it to 6 each. To much weight. I'm gonna have to lower it next time. Hope I didn't over do it.
-I love Arnold presses, hit all 10. Gonna have to up the weight on those next time.
Lift and learn I guess.
End: 4:00pm

Last edited:
Day four
4/77 Phase 1/3
October 09, 2005

Legs + Abs;
Start - 3:12pm
WARM UP
  • Fast run around the block

WORKOUT
  • 6 sets of 10 Calf raises
  • 4 sets 5 of Dumb bells squats
  • 40 crunches
  • 45 weighted crunches

- Gvt + legs = no cardio. Seriously you'll be limping for a week at least.
This is a problem. I'm looking for mass mainly on my back, shoulders, chest and arms. My legs ARE important, but so is cardio. I'll continue to work my legs normally, not in GVT form. I must if I want to run, plus it's not fun limping around school all week.
- Abs, in case anyone is reading this and wondering, should not be done in GVT. I guess they're different then other muscles in term of thier fiber.

Day five
5/77 Phase 1/3
October 10, 2005

Chest + lower back;
Start - 11:55am
WARM UP
  • Sprint around the block

WORKOUT
  • Incline dumb bell press 10 set of 10
    Hit the 1st 5 sets with 10. 6-8 I did 8, tried to get to 9 but it just wasn't going to happen. 9 and 10 made it to 7.
  • Bent Over Two-Dumbbell Row 10 sets of 10
    Hit all 10. Back hurts allready... can't iamge how it'll feel tomarrow.
End: 12:55pm

Last edited:
Day seven
7/77 Phase 1/3
October 12, 2005

Start - 5:45 am / 6:00
I woke up at 5:45 and checked if it was raining. FINALLY for the 1st day in a week the round was dry. Strapped on the combat boots and did 20 mins of 2 1/2 min run 1 min walk and a 5 min warm up. It's was refresing actually to run that early in the mourning. Cold, yes. Dark, very. But refreshing nonetheless.
I plan on doing this, maybe a 1 min run 1 min walk, at most 3 days a week.
End: 6:25

Last edited:
Day eight
8/77 Phase 1/3
October 13, 2005

Arms + shoulders (triceps);
Start - 4:10pm
WARM UP
  • 100 Jumping jacks

WORKOUT
  • 10 sets of 10 hammer curls
  • 10 sets of 10 Arnold Dumbbell Press
End: 5:10pm

-Upped weight on Arnolds... ow.
Still not hitting all 10 on the curls but doing better.

PROGRESS
  • Gained 2 cm on biceps :D

queued

I'm getting anxious to start something new.
It's that that GVT is bad it just focuses on a few muscles heavily. To get what I want to achieve I need to work more muscles. I'm still going to finish this. I'll come back to gvt in 2 months or so.

Yeah, I still think it's better for more advanced ppl due to what you said. Beginner/mediocre level lifters need more variance and less volume for things like legs and bis than what's in there. But it's also a good thing to finish what's been started. I wouldn't tweak it more than maybe with the leg part.

I will totally come back to GVT but I want to build some mass the old fashion way 1st.

Back