5BD ( Modified)

Anikittycat

So the diet I'm doing currently is....controversial. There is a lot of mixed up information about the 5 Bite Diet, a lot of bashing and a lot of praise. I've used it before and the past and loved it. So along with some other diet modifications I've made ( low fat, low processed crap) this is the diet I'm using again. The rules are fairly simple (crazy to some )

1. Skip breakfast ( apparently it stimulates appetite )
2. Eat 5 bites of whatever food you want at lunch and 5 at dinner.
3. Make at least one of those bites protein.
4. Take a multivitamin supplement every day.
5. Drink as much zero cal beverages as you like. Especially water.

So those are the basic rules. Honestly i don't follow them exactly. I fit them to myself. I started myself at 10 bites a meal and I include breakfast ( i will get sick if i don't ) so I have 10x at breakfast, 10x at lunch and 10x at dinner= 30 bites a day. I also add in exercise and trying to get in some weight training ( to avoid the dreaded skinny fat:eek: ) This is just what I do and it suits me. The first 3 or 4 days are kinda tough on your willpower but it gets easier quickly after that. It does make the weight come off quickly but its not a permanent solution. once you reach your goal weight, you cannot just eat the same bad stuff and expect not to gain. The way i maintained in the past (before i got cocky and stopped watching anything i ate at all ) was to eat normally (eating sensibly and not counting bites) a day or two and weigh myself to see where I was at. if i gained I would 5 bite the next day or so til i was back to normal.

It works for me, it wont for everyone and if you wanna join me in my madness i suggest modifying it to fit you too. Start at 12 or 15 and work your way down, have your morning coffee. the only way a diet will work is if you can live with it right??^_^ Just wondered if there were any others like me out there who are trying this diet out? Meow:3

I am not surprised that it gets a lot of bashing. It sounds very unhealthy. I would definitely not recommend it.

I wonder how long it will be before people notice that they could have even less calories if they had just 1 bite...

Its true there are things i don't agree with about this diet and i definitely am not trying to promote anything unhealthy. Ive changed it around to suit me and will probably change it more in the future to make it more livable. Some people cant, if not its ok:) please don't do anything your uncomfortable with or makes you sick! I just know that RIGHT NOW its pleasant and livable for me. i guess the aspect that works for me is portion control...something i have always been bad at. and i do know you cant eat like this forever. its not good. As with any diet you need to make the lifestyle change of healthy eating habits and exercise once you stop "dieting"

There are other ways to lose weight that have a lot of advantages...

• healthier - in that you eat enough healthy food to sustain you... people are apt to acquire all sorts of health problems if they do not have enough fibre and a whole heap of things that you cannot get in a multivitamin
  • less punishing - you say that it is really tough especially in the first few days - why go through that if it isnt really necessary
  • a way of learning new habits... all you are doing is learning to force yourself to eat no more than x bites

There are some much better ways to learn portion control.

For instance - have you come across the notion that a healthy portion can be measured using your hand.

You really can lose weight and never feel hungry and eating lots of healthy food. You do not have to punish yourself like the way that you are doing.

I know because I lost a lot of weight and never felt hungry...

The key thing to do is adopt a healthy lifestyle that you can keep up for the rest of your life... Lose the diet / not diet cycle which tends to lead to yoyo behaviour in both eating habits and weight.

5 bites of whatever I want? I'd be gaining so quickly, it wouldn't even be funny. I can easily fit about 1500 - 2000 kcal into 5 bites of my favourite foods.

Seriously though, it sounds completely weird, even with adaptions. Why not just eat sensibly the entire time?

Its definitely odd i will say that...and thank you I will definitely try putting some of those tips into practice ^_^ im open to anything that will help!

I guess I'm confused because I just don't feel bad. Those first few days I wasn't hungry...I just craved bad food. Although that happens to me even when I eat apples and salad and fish all day. Maybe the cravings mean I'm eating wrong? They have gone away already so I feel good but maybe my body is tricking me? Idk.

Lots of people with serious eating disorders do not realise that they are under-eating.

Our bodies need a heap of nutrients that you cannot really get from a vitamin pill.
If you read this article you may see what I am getting at.

It really doesnt help your overall health to effectively stop eating because you want to lose weight.

So 5BD is pretty much starving yourself a.k.a. a form of anorexia. Just because you're taking a multivitamin does NOT make it healthy or "okay".

Back