50 kg weightloss

Status
Not open for further replies.

iTexFTW

Hi, Im 15 years old (from sweden) August 2018 i started my weight loss journey (started at 150 kg) and now down 50 kg. My doctor says that a healthy weight for me is 95 kg but i still look very fat. So i was wondering if you see alot of change in the last 5 kg you need to lose?

Hey, welcome to the forum! Have you done any weight training (lifting weights or using resistance machines)? Building muscle mass has very positive effects on body composition. Each person is so different, so I can't say for sure what losing the last 5 kg will do for you. It sounds like you have come a long way so you must be doing something right!

Last edited:
wow... excellent! i thought i did ok losing 50lbs, but you managed 50kg!

this is/was probably different for me than for you seeing i'm also 50 years older, but now at a BMI of borderline normal/ overweight and apparently holding there for a few months now, at first i seemed to still have a bit of a gut and a fair amount of skin with no place to go. but over the past few months, although i seem to be hold at a steady weight, i have noticed a definite change in my skin tightness and also in a fair amount of weight re-distribution. my gut is noticeably smaller, though at this point i'm sure a bit of targeted exercise might also help to tone up the muscles in that area.

Congratulation! 50 kgs is quite a feat. 95 kgs for a 15 year is still not a healthy deal . Get your BMI checked, and then set a goal. And obviously keep your doctor in the loop. Like you are 15, you should not follow any diet plan on your own. It can be risky. Ask a dietitian. Yes, do some physical activities like running, cardio or yoga. .

The thing is, when doctors say "healthy weight of 95" they mean a person with a normal body composition with a normal fat to muscle ratio. So you would look "fatter" at 95kg then a person who has a similar height/weight as you but has more muscle ("toned") than you.

The best thing to do is incorporate some resistance training (weight lifting) into your workout. No, this does not make girls look like the Hulk. Instead you'll have a curvier and healthier figure.

I'm much the same as you in that I've lost 130 lbs. I have surpassed my original size and weight goals of where I thought I would look the way I want. I am at the point where I am trying for a six pack abs at 51 years old. I am already very fit and thin compared to 90% of men my age but I am still not satisfied with how I look and what I weigh.

I have decided though that my weight is not the thing that matters any more. What matters more than anything is how I feel. And I mean physically feel, how fit I become .

You have done excellently, but I would tell you to stop even thinking any more about how much you weigh. That's going to depend on too many things and is too subjective to even properly evaluate. All that matters is how healthy you are and how that health makes you feel, and what you can do now that you feel so great!

My goodness, you are 15! Just live well, eat right, and feel good about yourself and you will reach your goals. It just becomes all too easy to obsess about particular numbers and specific goals sometimes,and then become depressed and suffer setbacks when we can't seem to reach a particular goal.
Just keep the big picture of feeling good and being healthy more in the forefront. It would seem to me that you are well on your way. Enjoy the trip. Life is what happens on the way to your plans.

Hi, Im 15 years old (from sweden) August 2018 i started my weight loss journey (started at 150 kg) and now down 50 kg. My doctor says that a healthy weight for me is 95 kg but i still look very fat. So i was wondering if you see alot of change in the last 5 kg you need to lose?
Congratulations, this is just amazing amount of weight loss. I have been trying to lose weight for the past 2 months and I have just lost 1/2 kg. My current weight is 81.5 kg and my height is 5 feet 2 inches so I look very fat and all the fat is accumulated on my belly. You are really an inspiration for me. I hope I can also lose some weight like you.

@iTexFTW You are so strong :) 50 kg it is a really big success, and I bet your body appreciates that. I also agree with people above that 95kg is still not a good situation for someone of your age.
In my experience, people can lose a lot of weight, and there are many ways to do this. The key is to do this in a healthy way- not rush and with feeling kind for yourself. You've lost a lot, now it is time to start accepting your body but still keep the healthy eating habits. It will help you with the next steps.
How are you now, after half a year?

@iTexFTW You are so strong :) 50 kg it is a really big success, and I bet your body appreciates that. I also agree with people above that 95kg is still not a good situation for someone of your age.
In my experience, people can lose a lot of weight, and there are many ways to do this. The key is to do this in a healthy way- not rush and with feeling kind for yourself. You've lost a lot, now it is time to start accepting your body but still keep the healthy eating habits. It will help you with the next steps.
How are you now, after half a year?

I got a lot of loose skin but its getting less as time goes!
Ah, the wonderful, enviable elasticity of skin in youth! :) Yes, I'm quite sure that all that loose skin will tighten up before too long, especially with the weight training. Good for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back