280 to 169 weight loss journey

aps2

In 2011 I was using this site to help motivate me to lose weight, I told myself that when I lose the weight... All that weight.. That I would put photos of my journey on here to try and motivate people just like the people who posted their journeys and motivated me. Every day is your day, motivation and action is your key and your answer.

I started out crash dieting in 2011, not eating for days or skipping meals, that is not a healthy or good route for a human being, it affects your energy making you tired, slowing your metabolism along with the way you think and isn't good for your heart and all of your vital organs, yes you will lose weight, fat, muscle tissue, mostly water you retained from eating a box or two of pizza the other night after starving yourself(guilty of this) in turn doing that is making your body smaller and skinnier, which I did, unhealthily. But there are much better ways then that to lose fat efficiently and effectively. Take your time... Believe me I know it sucks but it HAS to be a lifestyle change and nothing else, or you will fail, trust me I have been there so many times, gaining the weight back.

Think of your body like a high tech machine, if you eat clean and take care of it the right way then you will actually feel good and all the while losing weight and maintain muscle. We all have it when we are fat!

My Journey

View attachment 22301

View attachment 22302

View attachment 22299

View attachment 22303

Outstanding! A fantastic transformation!

Really REALLY Awesome job!

Could you go into more detail about how to got on a more efficient and effective path and what you did? Both food and exercise wise.

Thanks KP! Best thing I can suggest is start running, not every day. Make a decision to spend a small amount of time like 30-45 mins of physical activity every other day for recovery, eat lean meats like chicken with healthy fats like an avocado and some brown rice or half a sweet potatoe, I usually make my meals 4 days in advance in a container, usually 4-6oz brown rice, 4-6oz chicken breast, 3-4oz broccoli in each container. And I would eat 2 containers a day each one with half an avocado and I have an apple as a snack in between. For dinner I will have a light low carb meal with veggies and mostly lean food like 6oz fillet of fish and half a sweet potatoe with some green beans for example, sometimes without the sweet potatoe. For breakfast I have 1/2 cup oatmeal with 1 tbsp ground flaxseed and 1-2 scoops(20g ea) of whey protein powder, shooting for about 400-500 calories for breakfast. Spread and plan your meals right along with short high intensity exercises like sprints, supersets are good for burning fat. I learned that heavier weight lifting helps burn more fat too then going for longer repetitions.. Lots of ways to lose weight, just make the choice of eating less and healthier, but do not eat one small meal a day! It never works out in the end trust me lol, you might lose weight but ur body won't look nearly as good

Awesome! Thanks for the reply! Will use all your advice
Well done again on your awesome results through hard work, hope you are now living to the fullest! :)

Thanks guys, yeah I just feel healthier now is all lol. I can breathe again after walking up the stairs xP

Just giving u guys an update, I walked my way up to 190. But still working out, going to try and shoot for 10% bodyfat. Goal is to reach that in the next 6 months. Over the years of gaining and losing weight sometimes you can't really measure goals by weight when your close to your original goal weight anyways. A lot can be water weight and more fat than muscle, going by that and not eating much at all will just make your body look like cottage cheese lol. Especially if your starving yourself. lots of lean meats and healthy carbs! Lots as in 3-5 times a day in small amounts lol.

Last edited:
Unless you're an athlete, 10% body fat is untenable. You won't be able to reach that goal without becoming compulsive. For success it's critical to set goals that are truly reachable. Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback Trina, I think it's still possible for males to get in that range, maybe not to maintain a healthy lifestyle, but idk. Not a certified nutritionist lol. Still going to shoot for it :) I've gotten to 14% before so far. I plan on working pretty hard to get there :)

Last edited:
This is so inspiring. Thanks for sharing! Awesome job!

Back