2012 overhall year journal

Hey everybody. So around this time last year I decided (through a series of events) that I wanted some change. I'd always been quite tubby, and it had effected my social and personal wellness to a point where I was simply done with it. So having previously heard of tony horton's p90x through some friends I resolved to do a little research. Having a poke around the web yielded a fair amount of possitive reviews, not the least of which mentioning power 90 that was being introduced as a gateway program for p90x. Being that my fitness level wasn't exactly up to par, I decided it might be an idea to take on a little tamer program to start off with.

It took a fair amount of horsing about to actually get the program being that beachbody doesn't ship to Canada, so I had to get a US residing friend to bring it up for me. Subsequently I never got my hands on the set until around mid December. I came to the conclusion, being that it was the holidays with family dinners and the like, that it would be plain cruel to myself to start then and there so I shelved it for a week or two and cut loose on the turkey dinner. New years rolled around, and I pulled out the box of goodies and began the grind

The majority of my winter consisted of very monotonous-and not very demanding-work caretaking a local business location so doing the routine fit it fairly well. At the time I lived very rurally so there were a number of other variables that came into play that would inhibit my perfect schedule or diet plan. As it was I was quite pleased with the results I was given in such a short amount of time.

I went from aprox 274 lb right around christmas to 205 around the end of May. Even though I officially quit the p90 at the tail end of march, I kept loosing at a decent rate.

Attached are some pictures starting from when I originally began the power 90 on new years to early july. The numbers are the aprox day into the program I was at the time. Obviously not quite the picture of Michelangelo's David, but I'm pleased with the progress.

View attachment 5654View attachment 5655View attachment 5650View attachment 5651View attachment 5653View attachment 5652

I have now acquired beachbody's p90x, and plan to complete that over the coming months. I also plan to keep this journal updated if only for my own motivation whether it's being read or not. I'll most likely be posting some starting pictures as well.

Attachments

• 60 front.JPG
    60 front.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 143
  • 90 front.JPG
    90 front.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 150
  • july.JPG
    july.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 666
  • may.JPG
    may.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 166
  • orig front.JPG
    orig front.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 497
  • 30 front.JPG
    30 front.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 147
Well done so far mate. the results look good. you can see real progress. How did you find the P90X as a programme?

Thanks. It was the power 90 that I did earlier this year. Just a 3 days into the p90x now (so far sore as all hell, but doing good). The power 90 was good, by no means a miracle solution but it offered the structure and discipline that I myself lack so it was good for me.

Day 7 workouts done. I elected to go with the stretch X as apposed to taking the day off being that I'd just like to keep in the swing of getting up and working out. Not to mention it's always good to keep flexible as possible. Not doing as fantastically in my diet as I would have liked. Though what with the finances and people I'm rooming with, it's quite a difficulty to eat as well as I should be. Although I have observed in the past that I still got results, so long as I timed my meals appropriately without giving a massive amount of heed to what I ingested. Obviously I'm not going overboard on it. No pantries, or fast food, or soft drinks (to the contrary, I'm drinking a crap ton of water). Just more processed wheat and fat than I really should probably be having.

So a bit of an alteration to the regimen. I took something of an unplanned break last week, as I was just getting kinda bummed out and a bit unfulfilled with the p90x. I'm sure it's a good programme, but I just don't have the money or space to get the full use out of it. There are a number of workouts I just can't do for the sake of the equipment they require.

So I was talking to a buddy of mine the other day, and he mentioned that he had done insanity. I grilled him about it, and it really sounded like something a little more my speed. As it turns out he was looking for more of a weight training oriented workout himself, so we decided to trade. Just finished the first day fit test earlier, and I must say things are looking quite hopeful. I far more enjoy the "dig deeper" ideal, and just be totally wasted yet energized at the same time by the end of the workout than the more "do X number of reps" of the p90x.

All in all I am looking for more of a fat burning type of thing as apposed to packing on the bulk muscle anyways, so we'll see how this insanity business turns out.

Back