2012 Olympics

I'm surprised that I'm the first to mention this. :p

Olympics! I've really been looking forward to it. My favourite events are Athletics (being a track and cross-country guy myself), swimming, triathlon, and badminton. (Professional badminton is freakin crazy!) I'm especially looking forward to rooting for Victoria's own resident Simon Whitfield in the tri. ;D

I'm a little disappointed that Canada hasn't won any medals yet, but not really surprised. We took a while to start winning in China as well.

Aaaaand, I hate to admit, but Britain beat Canada at one thing before the games even began. Their torch didn't malfunction. xP

So, what's everyone's favourite events? Highlights that you're looking forward to?

As an ex-gymnast, my favorite to watch is gymnastics. It's rarely on TV, so at least I get to watch the best of the best every 4 years :)

The kayaking is incredible... I can't believe the strength those guys have to be able to paddle against those currents!

I kind of will watch bits and pieces when I get a chance, I find almost every sport on the Olympics interesting when it's the best in the world that are competing and you get to know some background on the sport and the athletes.

Back