17 year old male seeking protein diet (suggestions please)

Hello all, I am 17 years old, weigh about 150 lbs at 5'8. I"m not fat nor skinny just about right age.
I normally do 200 pushups and situps every morning and night. This summer I want to become muscular and cut some weight while doing it.
I'm thinking about doing a protein diet and working out every day. So far, I've suplemented egg whites and milk with natural whey protein as my breakfast. Lunch consists of salad and fish. Supper is skipped.
I want to become around 135 lbs and gain 15 lbs of muscle through this diet.

Any tips, suggestions, recomandations, please tell me!
THANKS!

Hundreds of sit-ups and pushups will not build muscle as they are cardio exercises. You need to lift weights to get big and then worry more about your diet.

If you want protein, why are you skipping dinner?

Whole eggs are better than egg whites and protein powder is not better than bacon, so you could be having a much more awesome breakfast.

As Wardy has suggested, I think you need to get on a proper strength/hypertrohpy program. I think that cutting down to 135lb will more likely make you skinny than muscular and cut. If I were you I'd actually be looking at slowly gaining weight for up to a year, and then cutting the excess fat.

Back