100 plus to lose club

browneyes

Any takers? :D

Me = down 16 lbs with 105 still to lose. It's going to be a long journey but I'm up for it.

I didn't see any other thread for this, sorry if I overlooked it.

My goal is 94 lbs but I could stand to lose 100

I'd love to lose 100 lbs. Actually I'm at about 103 lbs. to lose right now. However, I would definitely settle for 95. hehe!

I'm finally under the 100 lb to go mark - unless i change my goal weight...

I'm over 100 down so lemme tell you it can be done if you're ready to do it...

I'm finally under the 100 lb to go mark - unless i change my goal weight...

I'm over 100 down so lemme tell you it can be done if you're ready to do it...

thanks so much for the motivating words and congrats for being under that 100lbs. mark. how awesome!

the 'ready to do it' is the biggest factor... if someone had told me this time last year i'd be where i am - I'd have laughed at them...

Just never forget where you are today and why you don't want to stay there or go back to where you are...

Hi everyone,

I'm curious (or nosy) what type of food plan others are following. I realize that everyone is different and will choose what works best for them. Right now I'm watching calories but from what I've been reading I think mine are too low. I tend to do well with a lower carb meal plan so it's lean meat, vegetables, limited fruit, and a little bit of whole grains.

Congratulations for the losses! That is awesome and I can't wait until the day I'm able to say I'm a big loser. :D

i believe the phrase that we've coined around here - that's been working for me

the no crappy food plan :) (not that i ever ate fast food before.. )

but i've stuck to non-processed foods - in reasonable portions (Portions were my downfall before) and i am almost obsessive abouot weighing and measuring everything now and recording everything to keep me honest.

i believe the phrase that we've coined around here - that's been working for me

the no crappy food plan :) (not that i ever ate fast food before.. )

but i've stuck to non-processed foods - in reasonable portions (Portions were my downfall before) and i am almost obsessive abouot weighing and measuring everything now and recording everything to keep me honest.

The no crappy food plan. Makes sense!

I weigh and measure everything as well as keep a daily food journal, I feel a bit obsessive about it but if I don't then things can quickly get out of hand, it's really been a help.

I'm still flip flopping over my calorie intake, right now it's right at 1,200 on most days. A site I was looking at (after putting in my stats) says I should have a range of 1510 and 1860. That is some range.

1200 is definitely too low - start at 1800 for a few weeks and see how you do -

there's a bunchof really good threads around on the topic of not starving yourself -and 1200 is pretty close to starving..

1200 is definitely too low - start at 1800 for a few weeks and see how you do -

there's a bunchof really good threads around on the topic of not starving yourself -and 1200 is pretty close to starving..

Thanks, I am going to up the calories and see how it works out.

100 + to go

Hi Browneyes - I'm new here and have set my goal at about 100 pounds to lose, but could probably stand to lose 150! So far I'm down 10, but it sure sounds like a really LONG way to go!!

Hi Brown Eyes -

This is my first day on this site and I've set my goal at 120, 4 pounds already gone.... I struggle with the food intake as well. In the past I think it has been a major factor in being unsuccessful. I would always drastically cut down to around 1200 calories a day and it just wasn't enough - especially when working out. After speaking with my doctor and doing some reading on my own I am shooting for between 1500-1800 depending on my activity level.

From my starting weight of 280 I want to lose 140-150lbs to be 130-140lbs. So far I have lost 25lbs. I agree there are no crappy food plans as long as they are healthy. I became a vegetarian the day I started my diet (about 6 weeks ago) and it has been working out great for me. It has actually made it easier for me to resist bad foods.

how's it going everyone?

Well its been about a month since someone posted here, but I definitely have more than 100# to lose myself.

Its such a big number than I guess it has always been so overwhelming to the point of giving up. Has anyone had success with just making mini goals - like just 10 or 20#s at a time?

I got my eating plan from the Mayo Clinic website where they go off of a modified food pyramid. They said I should be at about 1400 cals a day and estimated the servings for each group. I've started some measuring - but where do I get a scale?

Also, I've been over 200 for a lot of years now and my biggest worry is having too much loose skin when I reach my goal.

Oh well - I'm still gonna lose the weight - maybe I'll start saving and who knows maybe I'll be able to have surgery to remove excess skin if I have it. I'm still sort of young - so who knows hopefully it will bounce back.

Ciao, y'all!
Maria

i could be totally wrong, but i'm under the assumption that the loose skin comes from lack of time for the skin to adjust; or rather - losing weight too quickly and not giving the skin time to adjust with it. i don't know though.
i'd definitely say just go for your weightloss goals and don't worry about the skin. hopefully it'll take care of itself and if you're strength training and doing cardio, hopefully it'll be in tact.
good luck with everything!!! :)

I"m now down 140lbs - and honestly havent seen an issue with loose skin yet -my arms a bit but it's slowly going down - as the above post says -as long as you aren't losing it too quickly -it should be fine...

Has anyone had success with just making mini goals - like just 10 or 20#s at a time?
I tried mini goals and it did' wotk for me - I had milestones.. that I want4ed to reach but never reset the back to 0 with goals - you really have to do what's best for you... and what keeps you going...

Don't give up - any goal is achievable - just keep moving forward..

Sorry to but in on your thread, but loose skin is on my mind at the moment, I've lost about 50lb in about a year, so I am loosing pretty slowly but I notice my skin is loose, I'm using firming lotion but not seeing any results, does anybody have any tips for anything that works?

Congratulations on your weight loss so far everybody & good luck!

yep.....I'd like to lose 100 pounds- I'd LOVE to lose 110.

The heaviest i have been in my adult life is my current weight, 280 pounds .

In my mid 20s i got down to 179 when I was a runner, which is thin for me- but i felt so full of energy then...

i could be totally wrong, but i'm under the assumption that the loose skin comes from lack of time for the skin to adjust; or rather - losing weight too quickly and not giving the skin time to adjust with it. i don't know though.

I think the lose skin is from rapid weight loss- most of the severly overweight who have the gastric bypass surgery wind up with looose skin, because they drop weight so quickly...
I think if a person loses weight in a less invasive manner, their skin will have time to shrink and adapt...

Back