10 Diet Myths from Real Simple Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great post. I love when people point out the differences in dieting safely versus what are myths. Education is really important in order to make certain everyone can maintain or lose weight without putting themselves at risk.

I am a particular fan of the commentary on point two, having had the opposite issue with an innately high metabolism. Food intake had nothing to do with my condition, and eating smaller amounts doesn't do anything either way. Or larger amounts, as was my case.

wow great post. Mind blowing myths and then double mind blowing theories of different well known doctors.

I believe on the myth no.1. I am not a doctor but can say that the no.1 point is not totally myth. If we see in a different way then the point is trying to say not to take heavy food in the nights or evening. After the end of day, our body keeps resting and no hard work which results into accumulation of fats in the body. In day time, due to walking or running ( what ever you do like going to office or some other things that relate to labor), fats get cut very quickly. The theory gives the right decision to take light food in the nights or evenings.

Sorry if I have written bad english somewhere in the post.

Last edited:
our body keeps resting and no hard work which results into accumulation of fats in the body
Sorry, but that's utter and complete nonsense. Eating at night does not result in food being magically transformed into fat. It doesn't matter what time of day you eat or whether you eat your heaviest meal during the day or at night, as long as your overall calories are in balance.

Well worth reading post #1 again.
*bumped*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back