1 minute go, 1 minute stop

if i used a 1 minute full out then 1 minute rest would that work as well as 30 go, 30 rest?? im wondering cus i read in one of those posts that research said 9 seconds go 14 rest was good and that would be very complicated to do.

Most articles I've read on HIIT say at the beginning the work/rest ratio should be 1 to 1, so 1 minute high intensity, 1 minutes slow intensity would work, so would 30 seconds high, 30 seconds low.

not so much 'STOP' or 'REST' as 'slow down'.

you dont want to sprint then stop suddenyl, just slow down. You coud also try the 3 cycle one as in walk-jog-sprint-jog-walk etc for 30 seconds each.

this is what I would do when I get around to it!

I do 30 second sprints w/ 1 minute recovery OR 20 second sprints w/ 40 second recovery.

And like xander said, during recovery you don't want to stop - you just want to go down to a jog or fast walk.

I do what Spockafina does...just slightly slower, since I've just begun. 30 second jog (or sprint, depending), 1 minute recov. (brisk walk). It's very fun, and...effective.

My mind hasn't learned it's fun yet, wierd enough...my legs like the challenge, my mind doesn't ;)

I can't wait till I can build up to 60/60, then 30/30.

ive been doing HIIT for 2 days, I run (9.5 on treadmill) for 1 minute then walk (5.5) for a minute.

This is for 20 minutes.. am i doing the right thing?

joanne89 said:
ive been doing HIIT for 2 days, I run (9.5 on treadmill) for 1 minute then walk (5.5) for a minute.

This is for 20 minutes.. am i doing the right thing?

yeah thats almost exactly what i do.

it feels sooo good coz it burns soo much calorieS!! compared to just jogging! like around 180 calories in 20 minutes is awesome!!!!

Back