Can running alone help me lose weight here, here and there?

well folks, today marks 'month three' (week 12) and I was excited to find that another 12 pounds have left the building.. or body i guess..

a recap.. 12 weeks ago I was between 260-270 this morning im at 228

thanks for all the help guys/gals

more results to come =]

-Chris

Looking good! Keep on truckin'

will do! :action11:

Hey all,

I'm a little late in my update, and I need a little help.

The Good News: My last check-in (June 27) revealed that I was down another 8 lbs bringing my total weight loss to 40 lbs in 16 weeks!

The Bad News: the weekend of my check-in, I flew to St. Louis and attended a wedding.. I totally cut loose, and I drank and ate whatever I wanted all weekend. I am sad to admit that I only ran once when I was there and since I have been back, my workouts have gone from 5 or 6 times a week to maybe 2 a week. I GOT LAZY!!! With these reduced workouts I am drifting around between 220-224 (clearly breaking my weigh-in once a month rule)

Im a mess.. I need to get re-motivated and keep pushing through to my goal! My next weigh in is on July 25.. =/

thanks for any advice in advance!!

-Chris

So I have 1 week left in my 5th month.. (results will be in next saturday) but In the mean time I thought I would post a coupple pics of the progress.. Also i was going to ask for some advice.. i cant seem to make my belly go away.. even though I keep losing weight my belly doesnt seem to change.. i mean of course from when I started until now it has improved a little but the past two or three months I havent really seen any big changes in that area.. Any advice?

1 Month In
1MonthIn.jpg

4 months in (3 weeks ago)
4MonthsIn.jpg

Let me know if you folks have any advice! thanks!

-Chris

thanks man! up for advice on the belly though! I know you cant really spot reduce.. but any special diet tricks? or something?

thanks again,

-Chris

:action8: Happy Saturday everyone!

today was my 20 week (5 month) check in and I am down another 8 pounds!

I fell a little short of my 10 pound goal for the month but that is okay because I can recall many tangents from my diet these past 4 weeks. haha.

recap: on March 7th I was between 260-270 lbs this morning I weigh 212.

I cant wait to break 200!! and you will all be along for the ride!

thanks for the support and help,

-Chris

I think just jogging will not do. try n do some exercise for abs. That will really help in reducing your tummy. And also have a health diet alone with jogging. This will be more effective and the result will be faster.

Awesome progress! Yes include weight training in your exercise regimen, it will help to raise your metabolic rate and if you're dieting, you want to make sure you don't lose muscle instead of fat.

The 'belly' could most likely be loose skin which stretched as you put weight on.

However, keep doing your thing and weight train and work your abs, this could help reduce it.

Only just seen this thread BTW, brilliant job mate!

Just keep this in mind....The more muscle you have, the more efficient your body will burn fat ;)

hey all thanks for the feedback!

I know I should add weight training.. =/ I guess it just seems a little intimidating as I have no experience i that field, nor did I plan on performing those kind of workouts when I undertook this self-challenge...as for the abs.. I tried doing sit-ups / crunches at the beginnig of my whole workout routine, but it was putting strain on my back.. and my back still tends to be sore time to time from work, BMX, or just sleeping wrong.. so I wanted to kind of take it easy as far as that is concerned.

any tips on different abb workouts would be great, and I cant really afford a gym membership, so what would you all reccommwnd as far as weight training around the house?

thanks again!

-Chris

the scale is taunting me! haha I was REALLY hoping to break under 200 lbs today and im at 201 !!! another 11 lbs gone but still..

so today marks my 24th week and 60 lbs lost!

happy saturday!

-Chris

Hey everyone!

So today marks week 28 and im dow another 7 lbs.

unfortunately this is the smallest ammt. I have lost yet, but school did just start so I'm blaming it on my schedual! haha also, as anyone started talking about 'winter weight' yet? (body gains some weight as the seasons start changing to winter) myth?

so Im down to 194 lbs (finally broke under 200!)

how is everyone else doing!?

:action8:

-chris

WTG bro! I just read the whole thread, awesome progress! Don't keep expecting to lose that much a month though, now that you're so far down. You might have to start tweaking your diet a bit too, but IMO I wouldn't worry about that until you plateau. WTG tho man, awesome!

EDIT: do you know what your bf% is?

Matt

Hey man thanks for the feedback.. I knew the pounds lost would start slowing down.. but I wish they wouldn't! and no I don't know my body fat % but I should figure that out sometime soon.

hey everybody.. so today is the end of week 32 and im only down 3 more pounds :( .. like i know the weight loss starts slowing down. but i still have a belly, thighs, and ass to lose.. so why is is slowing down so drastically?

current weight : 191

im kindof disappointed.. any advice as to how I should change things up would be great.. I just dont get it!

o well, everyone have a great Saturday!

-Chris

Don't lose your faith. The way you've decide to take is long and you don't have to give up. It was the same by me ..long time no result and I started to lose my faith, but then my friends encouraged me. I started new diet and exercises and get some health products for weight-loss. So my point is...be brave ,don't be afraid to make some changes, try different diets and if you like to spare some time you can get some additional products, I've done it like that, because I wanted fast results, but thing have to be combined.

With 191 pounds, fatloss progress should still be pretty fast to moderate. As you go down in weight, so does the supposed food intake (since you now weight less than before so you need less food to maintain that weight).

hey all thanks for the feedback!

I know I should add weight training.. =/ I guess it just seems a little intimidating as I have no experience i that field, nor did I plan on performing those kind of workouts when I undertook this self-challenge...as for the abs.. I tried doing sit-ups / crunches at the beginnig of my whole workout routine, but it was putting strain on my back.. and my back still tends to be sore time to time from work, BMX, or just sleeping wrong.. so I wanted to kind of take it easy as far as that is concerned.

any tips on different abb workouts would be great, and I cant really afford a gym membership, so what would you all reccommwnd as far as weight training around the house?

thanks again!

-Chris

Do you have weights at home? This website will have weight training on it

hey everybody.. so today is the end of week 32 and im only down 3 more pounds :( .. like i know the weight loss starts slowing down. but i still have a belly, thighs, and ass to lose.. so why is is slowing down so drastically?

current weight : 191

im kindof disappointed.. any advice as to how I should change things up would be great.. I just dont get it!

o well, everyone have a great Saturday!

-Chris

As you lose weight, there will be a time when you will slow down in how much how fast. The less fat you have to lose the slower you lose it it seems.

Don't give up however, it is not unusual. As Kitty posted, adding the weights might be the next thing to get you making more progress. It *is* intimidating at first, but try it and just learn. We *all* had to learn at some point and once you do it gets easier and easier.

You can keep making progress, you have to want to though, and make the effort to move forward.

Keep it up, check out weights maybe you have a friend who lifts who can help? What about at school? attend college? If they have a gym, there could be some help there as well......

Back