How to gain weight

Hey everyone- I'm new here.

I really need someone to talk to about this, but I didn't know who to reach out to.

Here's my stats:
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 95lbs-ish
Sex: Female
Frame: Small bone structure

I exercise about 5 times per week (30-40 min/session) and I eat extremelly healthy, but I still have cookies/desserts. I'm VERY healthy, but I've been having issues with my period (lack thereof) and my doctor is beginning to suspect it is because of my weight.

I'm really struggling to decide whether I should gain the weight. I'm not sure why, but it is extremelly hard, even if it's only a few pounds.

Do you all think I need to gain weight? If so, how should I go about it? I'd prefer to gain more muscle and become toned, rather than just gain fat (it always goes to my thighs).

Thanks sooooo much- this is really tough for me.

weight train, lower cardio, eat more than your maintenance. If you find it hard to gain, force feed yourself. You will find it harder to gain weight while eating clean, as they are less calorie dense than their unhealthy alternatives.
But keep at it, keep eating, and track your progress. If you are not gaining, eat more. If your doctor tells you about a weight problem, maybe eat a few more unhealthy meals than the average person. 95lb seems pretty light. Just do what it takes to gain the weight, and you will find yourself much happier in just a few months.

You may need to eat higher calorie density foods if you have trouble consuming enough calories. Healthy choices that are high calorie density include:

nuts and nut butters
dried fruit
fatty fish (except those with high risk of mercury contamination)
olive and canola oil based salad dressings
avocados

What type of exercise are you doing, and do you know how much lean vs fat you have in your body? Ideally, you want to gain lean muscle mass, as well as body fat if your current level of body fat is too low.

Thank you!

Thank you all so much!

I think I'm going to look into the whole lean vs. fat issue. I tend to carry all of my fat on my hips/thighs (unfortunately).

You were right; I do eat really clean. I consistely buy foods that are sugar-free/fat-free/anything low calorie because I thought it was healthier. In hindsight, I think it's put me in an unhealthy situation because my weight has dropped to low.

Hopefully five pounds will work. I don't want to spend the money to fork over a whole new wardrobe!

Thanks again everyone!

More about nutramist product

Energy shots and energy spray best your health.This nutramist product best your weight gainer and provide good health.This product which contain all the useful vitamins.

A simple way?

Add 4 glasses of milk daily into you're diet. :)

Other than that it's pretty much been covered.

Good luck.

To gain weight eat "clean" above your maintenance. There should be a sticky in the nutrition forum. Do some cardio and resistance training so that you don't gain fat.

Fitness Tracking Site FitNRG.com

Hi Moodj,

Just wanted to let you guys know about , a free fitness tracking site that also helps track your diet, nutrition, exercises, daily activities, and much more that will help you achieve your fitness and weight loss goals.

]Here's my stats:
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 95lbs-ish
Sex: Female
Frame: Small bone structure

I exercise about 5 times per week (30-40 min/session) and I eat extremelly healthy, but I still have cookies/desserts. I'm VERY healthy, but I've been having issues with my period (lack thereof) and my doctor is beginning to suspect it is because of my weight.

Nice...I personally see nothing wrong...pic? :p

Last edited:
Back