The ChillOut Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning Wrangell.

Yesterday was the first day of leaning down or leaning down about 3%. I took sometime to read last years journals on weight/training and my adjoined thoughts, and decided to repeat what worked before, though the weights on exercises (and some exercises themselves) are different, and the intensity, etc, on cardio are different than last year of course.

I did 3 yesterday to set the stage for myself. It ramps me up psychologically, emotionally, and motivates me. Its gets my blood going, and makes me feel great, and gets my mind right. I just like how I feel afterwards, and it has long lasting positive effects that blend into enforcing my diet restrictions. This is the main reason (but not the only reason) for the 3 yesterday--to answer your question.

Type of cardio:

My cardio is completed on a upright recumbant (with back rest) bike with a gauge to enter my wieght, etc.

It tracks calories burned (not really all that accurate-I know, I have what I burn "fairly" close) , heart rate, etc.

I increase intensity level EACH TIME I ride the bike (it is never the same)--but its steady rather than sporadic at about 25m of time, and this works wonderfully (or my body responds great). The intensity type is the resistance and speed being performed at the time.

In addition, I hold one 25 pound plate in each hand and shove them in the air and off on the sides----for a set number of times, rest for a time, and repeat---while doing the cardio, and yes its a killer.

Im doing it for a "variety" of reasons, and though losing "body fat" is the "main" purpose, its not the only purpose in the overall equation.

Its was just "Opening Day" so-to-speak and it sets the tone.....for the rest of the week and month which is already planned to January 14th.

Have a great day Wrangell.

Im at about intensity level 5 of 8. Each intensity level has 5 points inbetween them. Last year I maxed out the bike on the intensity level side of the equation; however, I havent done cardio since September (or during the bulk period), so I lost some. But I was suprised that it really wasnt that much considering the months and my age. This morning I maintained around 15mph at level 5.1, and with 4 sets of plate over head thrusts and side thrusts at the same time.

I move the pic one peg closer to the other pic........ :) I WILL earn my way to the other pic......this is what its about! :)

We have to "earn" our goals people........it wont be handed to you like feeding a little baby........ROCK YOURSELVES!

ROCK ON!

Best wishes to you all!

Chillen

Last edited:
December 15th, 2007 Agenda 2

1. Thoughts for the day will be after I weight train this afternoon.

2. I will fully disclose my weight training routine. The COL is going to double as my weight training/diet journal--as well......as what it has always been. It is too time consuming to have two journals.

Have a great day ALL!

Best wishes to you

Chillen

I really like that idea of moving the pic closer to the pic that you want to look like and updating the picture weekly. I think that would help in the motivation department.

Hey, can someone tell me why it would ever be bad to do cardio three times per day? It seems that Wrangell is skeptical of it, and even you, Chillen, warned spicypumpkin not to do it. Why not?

Hey, can someone tell me why it would ever be bad to do cardio three times per day? It seems that Wrangell is skeptical of it, and even you, Chillen, warned spicypumpkin not to do it. Why not?

Because he knows what hes doing, and how to do it without overtraining his body. He has a certain routine, intensity, and diet where doing what he does works great for him, might not work for you.

Yesterday was the first day of leaning down or leaning down about 3%.

This is the main reason (but not the only reason) for the 3 yesterday--to answer your question.

Sorry, not sure I understand what " leaning down " means - what is that ?

Im doing it for a "variety" of reasons,

Such as ?

and though losing "body fat" is the "main" purpose, its not the only purpose in the overall equation.

What is your present bodyfat % ?

And, what is your ' target ' bodyfat % for Jan 14th ?

Because he knows what hes doing, and how to do it without overtraining his body. He has a certain routine, intensity, and diet where doing what he does works great for him, might not work for you.

This is correct in what I have highlighted. I have been through this before. If isnt broke we dont fix it (though we can surely tweak it here and there, though) :) The amount of cardio sessions (if done at all) just depends on the persons goal, lifestyle, and time.

This isnt a new thing I am doing in my routine.

Last edited:
Hey, can someone tell me why it would ever be bad to do cardio three times per day?

The term " bad " may not be the best term to use....perhaps " desirable " or " optimal " is a better fit.

Obviously, it depends on a lot of things like the type, intensity, duration etc. of cardio - and one's goals of course. But if the goal is ' fat loss ' for example, doing 3 sessions of steady state cardio a day may actually equate - in terms of overall calorie expenditure - to having the same impact of doing only one robust HIIT session a day in probably less time . And within that context of HIIT, the reasons many may give for not doing HIIT more that 3 or 4 times per week would be the same reasons you wouldn't want to do 3 HIIT sessions...... in 1 day ! :)

That said, generally speaking and under normal circumstances, there is nothing " wrong " - at least from a physiological point of view - with doing moderate intensity of relatively short duration aerobic exercise 3 or 4 times a day .......if you want to.

Again, the question simply gets back to - ' why ' would you want to ?

It seems that Wrangell is skeptical of it, and even you, Chillen, warned spicypumpkin not to do it. Why not?

For what reasons ?

Last edited:

I didnt say it was bad. Doing cardio is good for the heart, and good for many different things. I just wouldnt go around and "freelly" recommending 3 cardio sessions in one day all over the forum.

Im NOT recommending you do as much as I am doing.....dont misunderstand. Nor would I recommend the amounts I am doing. I wanted to be sure to say this. In addition, you have to have a reason (I believe to add cardio in the first place---as reason that fits within the goals you desire to achieve).

As you can see I didnt warn her, I just didnt reccommend it.

SP could do 3 cardio sessions a day, but IF she did, this would change her calorie intake, and change alot of things in her current routine/diet that she is trying to do. She was stressed over counting calories and bulking (and doing a fine job by the way), and wouldn't need this added complication in the mix. This is "one" reason I wouldnt reccommend it for her at the present.

Alot of consideration has to be given to what the persons goals are, the equipment they have access to, personal time, and many other considerations. You have to access the persons situation before making recommendations. If the situation and goals were correct, I probably "would", but like I said......it just depends. You wont find one post by me on the forum where I reccommended 3 cardio sessions--because the situation didnt demand it at the time (if you understand what I am saying).

Realwork.......DOES NOT SUCK! IT ROCKS! HEHEHHEHEHEHE:)

Last edited:
I didnt say it was bad. Doing cardio is good for the heart, and good for many different things. I just wouldnt go around and "freelly" recommending 3 cardio sessions in one day all over the forum.

As you can see I didnt warn her, I just didnt reccommend it.

SP could do 3 cardio sessions a day, but IF she did, this would change her calorie intake, and change alot of things in her current routine/diet that she is trying to do. She was stressed over counting calories and bulking (and doing a fine job by the way), and wouldn't need this added complication in the mix. This is "one" reason I wouldnt reccommend it for her at the present.

Alot of consideration has to be given to what the persons goals are, the equipment they have access to, personal time, and many other considerations. You have to access the persons situation before making recommendations. If the situation and goals were correct, I probably "would", but like I said......it just depends. You wont find one post by me on the forum where I reccommended 3 cardio sessions--because the situation didnt demand it at the time (if you understand what I am saying).

Realwork.......DOES NOT SUCK! IT ROCKS! HEHEHHEHEHEHE:)

Ok, I think I understand what you and Wrangell are saying. I was thinking along the lines of "why would sitting on your ass all day be more healthy than three cardio sessions per day??"

But I think I understand your guy's reasons. I was asking because I am planning on cutting after christmas and I will probably do at least three cardio sessions a day.

And the realworksuks thing doesn't apply to lifting weights or exercising.

It's a long story how I got the name, but basically I have done a lot of physical labor to make money since I was about 13, and then I got into poker and started to make some pretty good money doing that. And playing poker for a living isn't considered "real work", hence the name.

I love working out! I love the feeling of being sore in the morning, it's all good! So don't think i'm a slacker! :mad: heh.

Last edited:
Ok, I think I understand what you and Wrangell are saying. I was thinking along the lines of "why would sitting on your ass all day be more healthy than three cardio sessions per day??"

But I think I understand your guy's reasons. I was asking because I am planning on cutting after christmas and I will probably do at least three cardio sessions a day.

And the realworksuks thing doesn't apply to lifting weights or exercising.

It's a long story how I got the name, but basically I have done a lot of physical labor to make money since I was about 13, and then I got into poker and started to make some pretty good money doing that. And playing poker for a living isn't considered "real work", hence the name.

I love working out! I love the feeling of being sore in the morning, it's all good! So don't think i'm a slacker! :mad: heh.

I own at texas hold em!

You want to play !??!!?

Im getting ready to do my WO soon.

And getting near in posting it.....We can make time either later in the evening prior to the evening cardio session or just after the WO.

ROCK ON! everyone............YES.......

FRICKEN..........BLAST OFF.......HEHEHEHHE :)

I will probably do ....' at least ' .....three cardio sessions a day.

" at least " ??????

I still can't reconcile ' the need ' to do 3 cardio sessions a day in order to facilitate fat loss...let alone 4 or 5 cardio sessions a day.

This cardio you plan on doing " at least three " times a day .....what type, intensity, and duration of cardio did you have in mind ?

Im getting ready to do my WO soon.

And getting near in posting it.....We can make time either later in the evening prior to the evening cardio session or just after the WO.

ROCK ON! everyone............YES.......

FRICKEN..........BLAST OFF.......HEHEHEHHE :)

Alright! What do you want to play poker on . Yahoo?
I got all night, so just hit me up on yahoo when your done.
Go rock your workout!

" at least " ??????

I still can't reconcile ' the need ' to do 3 cardio sessions a day in order to facilitate fat loss...let alone 4 or 5 cardio sessions a day.

This cardio you plan on doing " at least three " times a day .....what type, intensity, and duration of cardio did you have in mind ?

Well since I will be doing a keto diet I can't do HIIT right der? (still don't see why not)

So I will try to do cardio at my target heart rate 130 bpm for around 20-30 minutes or however long I feel like. Jogging(on an ulyptical machine) and aerobic activity.

Last time I tried to cut I only did HIIT 3 times a week and not really any other cardio or exercise at all besides weight training. I only lost 2.5 pounds of fat(not a lot!) in 80 days, I was only eating 2000 calories max too, usually 1800.

So this time I will do a hardcore cut in a 3 week time period or so. Do a ton of cardio and have a defecit of course.

The more calories you burn through exercise while cutting the better.... right?!

Last edited:
Well since I will be doing a keto diet I can't do HIIT right der? (still don't see why not)

So I will try to do cardio at my target heart rate 130 bpm for around 20-30 minutes or however long I feel like. Jogging and aerobic activity.

Last time I tried to cut I only did HIIT 3 times a week and not really any other cardio or exercise at all besides weight training. I only lost 2.5 pounds of fat in 80 days, I was only eating 2000 calories max too, usually 1800.

So this time I will do a hardcore cut in a 3 week time period or so. Do a ton of cardio and have a defecit of course.

In May of 07 (just prior to joining the forum), I was on a Keto diet, and peformed 45 cardio sessions in one month. Configure the average on that for the month around work and what not, lol. When I lean down to a certain point, I will again start the Keto diet (speaking "only" of myself) and this will in deed be irrespective to other opinions. Im not saying you do this, Im just saying with me.....cardio and Keto WILL go together. (during both the CarbUp and CarbDown phases)

Last edited:
In May of 07 (just prior to joining the forum), I was on a Keto diet, and peformed 45 cardio sessions in one month. Configure the average on that for the month around work and what not, lol. When I lean down to a certain point, I will again start the Keto diet (speaking "only" of myself) and this will in deed be irrespective to other opinions. Im not saying you do this, Im just saying with me.....cardio and Keto WILL go together. (during both the CarbUp and CarbDown phases)

What kind of cardio intensity worked the best for you while on keto?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back