This recipe goes great with mashed potatoes and green beans, or served over pasta.
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Season the chicken breasts with ground black pepper and garlic salt. In a medium skillet heat olive oil, and brown the onion and seasoned chicken breasts.
- Pour tomatoes and balsamic vinegar over chicken, and season with basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme. Simmer about 15 minutes until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.