Your shopping list - essentials

Monster2

Hi, folks. For those of you that cook, I'm interested in the essentials of your shopping list. Stuff you always add to your list when you run out. Here's some stuff I usually keep at home: (I really don't cook much)
Please add comments.
bread.
eggs.
veg. oil
baby carrots.
turkey slices (for sandwiches)
milk
ground beef
potatoes.
yogurt / cottage cheese (for breakfast)
I don't really have too much in the way of other regular stuff I keep around.

Essentials we must have in the house at all times are

Daikon
Eggs
Broccoli
Tea
Tomatoes
Fish
Yogurt
FiberGourmet Pasta
Fat Free Sour Cream
Ground Turkey
Cheese Wedges (laughing cow)
Romaine

We don't like running out of these things. They must be in the house lol ^_^

Things that are always, always on the list (not necessarily related to cooking):

Milk (0.1% fat)
Low fat natural yoghurt
Vegetables (usually onions, zucchini/ courgette, capsicum/ pepper/ bell pepper- other than that, depends on what I'm cooking)
Fruit (sometimes I'll have something specific in mind, quite often it's "pick something on sale/ that takes your fancy". Tomato is usually on this list)

Stuff that I often reach for but is less perishable so can buy in more bulk:
Potatoes
Olive oil
Low calorie cooking spray (currently sunflower, will be getting olive when the sunflower runs out)
Tinned tomato
Tomato puree double concentrate
Spices (and lots of them)
Boneless skinless chicken thighs (I freeze them)- I do eat other forms of meat but this has become my staple
Lentils (canned)
Frozen berries (especially blueberries)
Frozen salmon fillets (a really cheap way to have fish)
Bottled lemon juice and bottled lime juice
Frozen vegetables (currently have corn, brocolli, beans, and spinach)- both for cooking and simply to nibble on (less so the corn)
Porridge/ oatmeal
Flora (margarine made from canola/ rapeseed oil)- sometimes it comes up in cooking, mostly for other people or baking (which is almost always for other people)
Artificial sweetener (sucralose- I don't use this all the time, but sometimes it's what's needed)
Leaf tea and coffee beans
Herbal teabags (because loose is quite expensive)

Stuff I always try to have in the house:
Bread (mostly for when other people come over or in case I'm not feeling well and couldn't be bothered to cook properly)
Beans (baked beans, for above reason, plus a variety of canned unflavoured beans)
Baking ingredients (both because I like to bake- I give away the results- and because sometimes recipes call for flour or sugar and such)
Tinned tuna
Tinned corn (both of these are for a recipe of my mum's)
Rice, pasta and couscous (I don't eat these much anymore)
Teabags and instant coffee (for other people who insist I don't have to go out... even when I've offered to)

I actually cook to recipes most of the time so I tend to buy specifically for them, but these are things that are always in my kitchen.

Milk
Eggs (home grown, yum)
Chicken (some home grown, some store bought)
Salad fixins - Baby spinach, mixed greens, iceburg lettuce, carrot shreds, cucumbers, dressing
Cottage cheese - great on salad or for snacks! Also great in an omelet in place of other cheeses.
Oatmeal
Cereal (Cherrios typically)
Splenda/Xylitol for sweetening cereal/oatmeal
Mixed nuts/Almonds
Yogurt
Jello (sugar free)
Fruit - varies between Bananas, Cherries, Strawberries, Other berries, Apples, Apricots, Plums
Veggies - typically bags of microwave in a bag for ease, broccoli, mixed broccoli/cauliflower/carrots, etc.
Diet/Caffeine Free Pop
Bottled Water to take to work
Stock up at work with nuts, tuna, etc. to try to snack during the day when I can find some time.

I am avoiding most breads/pastas/simple carbs as much as possible, so don't typically buy bread, though DH is liking some low carb tortilla wraps in place of bread. Sometimes I make oatmeal pancakes with sugar free syrup.

Staples
-- canned beans (garbanzo, adzuki, black, etc.), rice (pref brown or red, but basmati is a nice treat!), oatmeal, turkey pieces for soup, tofu, nut meal, canned tomatoes, frozen berries, one bread-type-thang (flat buns, tortillas, vegetable or durham pasta... and yes, that's how it looks on my shopping list), peanut butter, dark chocolate and red wine
-- bananas, oranges, lime/lemons, dried fruit (cranberries, raisins, dates), iceberg lettuce
-- garlic, ginger, ginseng root
-- cabbage, carrots, spinach, onions, green/red/white onion
-- Teas: peppermint, barley, green tea & brown rice

Sauces, oils, vinegars, and pickled stuffs
-- lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, sesame oil, olive oil, korean hot sauce (gotchu jang), jalapeno sauce, 'light' salt-reduced soy sauce, pickled red peppers, honey
-- cayenne, lemon and black pepper, tumeric, cardamom, cinnamon, mustard, paprika, curry powder, red chilli flakes, sea salt

In season/local (when they're in season, they're on the list)
-- burdock root, parsnip, carrots, dandelion leaf, squash, apples, cucumber, peas, peaches, cherries and other fresh berries

Still learning... (atm, trying to figure out what to have in the house to take care of salty potato chip cravings) but it's come a long way from a pack of smokes and take-away roti. :)

Eggs

Oatmeal

High Fiber Cereal

Yogurt

Cottage Cheese

Bananas

Apples

Fresh berries

Frozen Fruit (for smoothies)

Tuna

Turkey

Whole Grain Bread