X-Press Pro Home Gym

Has anyone heard of this unit? I've seen it in a local fitness store next to the Tuff Stuff AXT. They look alike and seem to have the same exercises but the AXT is $1,000 more! I've also read that the X-Press won the Consumer Digest "best buy" award a few years ago. Any information on BodyCraft or X-Press would be great!

Has anyone heard of this unit? I've seen it in a local fitness store next to the Tuff Stuff AXT. They look alike and seem to have the same exercises but the AXT is $1,000 more! I've also read that the X-Press won the Consumer Digest "best buy" award a few years ago. Any information on BodyCraft or X-Press would be great!

Did you try the X-press? I was all excited about it 6 months ago and went to my local weight lifting store to try it out. I was very unimpressed with it. The build quality was fine, but I found many of the exercise uncomfortable to perform. I thought the Bodysolid G5S a much nicer piece of equipment for the same price.

I tried the BodySolid G5 and the Inspire 2 along with the X-Press and AXT3. The G5 was a nice unit but seemed to fall way short of "exercise offered" compared to the AXT and X-Press. Sure the G5 had the Bench, Lat Pull, Mid Pulley and a Low pulley, but it did not have the cable arms. I know the G5 has the pec dec station but that's all it does. The sales man showed me that the cable arms are as good as getting a 200lbs set of dumbbells. For $1899 and up I want more than the standard home gym. The G5 was a good looking gym but just didn't bring as much to the table as the other gyms. I'm not for sure about being uncomfortable on the X-Press I was able to adjust both the AXT and X-Press into all kinds of positions. In fact the X-Press had 11 different adjustments on the cable station and at least 6 different adjustments on the bench. Not to mention the back pad tilted from front to back so you could get in the proper position. My torso is longer than most and my legs are shorter so I'm used to having problems adjusting equipment in the gym to get me into the proper position for my body type. I'd say Tuff Stuff and BodyCraft did a good job in the "adjustability" department. Thank you for your suggestion Midlifecrisis. I've been researching this for many, many, months now. I'm just a little scared to spend the $2700 for the Tuff Stuff, when I see the X-Press at $1899. It looks like I'll just have to take the jump on one of these units. Thanks again for replying to my post!

Checked out the NordiTrac 360. Did not like the quality of the construction. I went back and bought the X-Press Pro. Thanks for the advise Midlifecrisis!

Someone mentioned nordictrac, not a chance. I wouldn't take a piece of their equipment for free or anything else attached to that name.

Back