Weight: 107 lbs
Height: 5' 9"

My Diet Plan: 2000 calories a day
Breakfast: Usually 3-4 eggs with 1/2 cup chicken, fruit
Lunch: Any type of high protein meat, Fruit or Vegetables, Beans for protein
Pre and Post workout: Protein Shake
Dinner: Any type of high protein meat, Fruit or Vegetables, Beans for protein
Snacks and Drinks: Nuts, Fruits, Greek Yogurt, Milk, Water

Altogether, I get over 100 grams of protein a day.

Workout Plan:
3 sets of 100 sit-ups
4 sets of 40 inclined Pushups (can't do regular pushups at the moment due to ankle problems)
3 sets of 30 curls
4 sets of 50 Dumbell "throw ups"

1 day off, 1 day on

I've been using this diet and workout plan for about 2 months now and I haven't seen a significant difference in muscle tone. I've been seeing people do only 100 sit-ups a day and they receive crazy abs, but mine simply don't look that toned. What am I doing wrong? How many calories should I eat a day? Do I need to eat more? My BMI is currently hovering around 15 which is considered "anorexic" although I don't look anorexic. I can't run at the moment or do a lot ofexercises that use my ankles because I have a problem with them.

What do you have available to you and what is your aim?
At the moment you are training very unevenly and as the name suggests I have been doing this a while so can say with authority that the people I have watched training unevenly for years or decades have serious mobility issues and almost all serious back issues.
There is a thread called young athlete development and a post on there by Goldfish that is good if you have kit. If not take a look in the bodyweight work section or come back with as much detail as you can.

If you don't have access to a wider range of weights, you need to use what you do have wisely. A lot of people have made good gains doing body weight stuff, but you need a good routine. Doing curls and sit-ups isn't going to do what you think it's going to do.

I pimp this list because it's a good list, but doing things wrong will only hurt you and hinder progress.

Back