Working out-gaining weight

carryketron

Any advice will be appreciated. I've been doing the Firm workout videos 3-5/week for 6 weeks now, and not only have I gained 6 pounds, but my belly is protruding more and my pants are tighter. And yes, I'm watching my fat/calorie intake. Help me!

HI there,

I don't know the videos, so I don't know what kind of a workout it is, but I would say that you probably built some muscles and maybe the areas where your pants got tighter are the ones where you built the muscles. Also muscle weighs a lot, so if you exercise and build muscle, chances are that you gain weight. That's why the scale is not always the right tool to measure your progress. If you give us a little more information, we might be able to give you better pointers and advice.

also, i don't know what the video contains, but you could be gaining weight because you are gaining muscle. If you are working out steadily and keeping your caloric intake down to what is recommended for someone your height/age, then there is something missing out of the equation.

Back