Work out before bootcamp?

Hey everyone!

I have a bootcamp class at 6AM, but because of my husband's schedule I end up at the gym around 5AM. So, my quesion is: What can I do in the gym to utilize my time, but not make me too wore out for my 6AM bootcamp session?

Thanks!

Take your pre workout snack with you and eat it while your waking up and getting mentally prepared for your bootcamp. You can do 10 -15 minutes light work and stretching in preparation for your class. You can even include a mock run of the days class so that your mentally and physically prepared, if you know what the class will entail of course. You could also do any office work that you need too, read fitness and nutrition books etc... but my honest opinion and suggestion is to forget bootcamp and get into the weight room and lift some serious iron, then go do your bootcamp if you have anything left in you... you'll get more pro nounced and long term gains from lifting seriously in a per iodized manner than you ever will in bootcamp.

Thanks for the input! I totally appreciate it. I'm at the gym mon-fri every week and bootcamp is only Tues and Thurs. I pretty much only do it break up the routine of regular workouts throughout the week.

The teacher is an ex navy seal and kicks our asses pretty hard. I'm sore after every class. I do weights on other days... Guess I should have clarified a little better in my original question.

Thanks again!

Back