Wordle and/or other word games.

have to admit that i very rarely see the 4th connection, ... tattoos & monopoly tokens were two i can recall. afterwards i go.."oh yeah, now i see it", but if it weren't the fact that only 4 words remain, i wouldn't get it. today with 8 words left i didn't really see the connection, but i grouped 4 of the 5 that were things rather than abstracts and i just lucked out and guessed right.

Last edited:
Same here. I didn't see the last two ones at all but got lucky in the end.
Connections
Puzzle #243
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟪🟪🟪
🟪🟪🟪🟦
🟦🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

Wordle 966 5/6
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟨
⬜⬜🟨🟩🟩
🟨🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
STARE
LONER
LURED
IRKED
FRIED
All odd words really.
Edit: I had one more go & today it just clicked. I don't think I would have seen the connection of the last group though.
Connections
Puzzle #244
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦

Last edited:
Wordle 966 4/6

🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟩⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Connections
Puzzle #244
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

I completely flubbed the purple category even though I know all four, but I did see the blue one. Saw it before the yellow actually, but couldn't find a fourth until I realized that the English spelling of finch isn't fink. (It would be correct in German.) I did not know that word! Or stool pigeon, for that matter :rotflmao: For me the most fun Connections are the ones where I learn weird new shit.

Yes I like the challenging aspect of connections and all the weird ideas and learning within it. I failed again today and only got one category, but I like seeing the answers in the end and seeing what i didn't know! haha Once in a while it seems super easy but those aren't the ones I like...

Wordle 968 4/6
🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
STARE
BLAST (made a mistake putting the A in the wrong place again)
TASTY
PASTA

Wordle 968 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟩🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Currently no idea for the green and purple Connections, though blue and yellow were simple. Will get back to it.

a little pissed... i was traveling on the weekend and didn't want to carry my portable PC so i tried to sign in on my iPad. not sure how it happened, but the iPad wouldn't show my streak and when i logged off and logged back in on my PC, i somehow lost over half my streak. i was a little over 70 and now it was saying my streak was 31. i wound up skipping Saturday and now i'm back to a steak of one.

Wordle 968 4/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 02.12.24.jpg

having never seen Aladdin, i had no idea the connection was the animated movie. i thought it might have something to do with wishes... then things in cages. ... then it was just a guess ... or two. i really thought i was sunk at that point. the video call made some sense, but i wasn't sure what ECHO had to do with it, but it was only one of two words left that wasn't a thing. i finally thought about the striped shirt thing, but until it was revealed, i wasn't really picturing a MIME in a striped shirt. the movie numbers didn't make sense until i saw it, but with only 4 words left, i was pretty sure it was right... :)

two days in a row went from the easiest one i ever did to the most bizarre.

Connections 02.12.24.jpg

Connections
Puzzle #246
🟦🟦🟦🟩
🟩🟦🟦🟦
🟦🟦🟩🟦
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪

Phew!

Last edited:
I haven't watched it either but I guess it made its way into my subconscious mind through popculture references.

Wordle 969 4/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Connections
Puzzle #247
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟪🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦

Saw the grocery store aisles first, but with one too many options. Then the spherical foods, but that seemed too generic to be sure. So I went with the ...on category first, failed the aisles the first time, risked the spheres and when those were correct it was obvious.

Wordle 969 3/6

⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 02.13.24.jpg

i was hesitant... mozzarella is a pretty crude sphere... how about peas?
compared to yesterday, an easy one.

Connections 02.13.24.jpg

Connections
Puzzle #247
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦

Wordle 971 4/6
🟨⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟨🟨🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
TRACK
CLEAT
SCANT(another mistake with the A)
ASCOT(I put this not expecting it to be right)

Wordle 971 3/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Surprisingly quick today. Don't have a brain for Connections right now: may try again later.

Back