Wonky stomach can i get it better

Oatmeal999

Hi there I'm 5' 5" current weight is153lb highest weight was about 210 weight loss journey since Jan 2020 and have kept weight off I'm trying to figure out if I should just be happy or if I should try to push to go 140 possibly 135 if it could help my stomach look/improved. Unsure if it's just messed up from weight / skin/ c section (2014) or if the only way would be better looking would be tummy tuck surgery. (Which I would most likely opt for not to get it) I'm 28 and overall happy size medium top 6/8 bottom. Really just stomach and arms could be toned more. My legs are nice from Treadmill my main cardio. I am starting up again with the weights and floor exercises I had to take a break due to health issue i was mostly in maintenance for that 6 month period. I am better now and just started back at trying to lose more and I'd like to figure out if to just stay put and be satisfied or if I push harder for loss if I can get my stomach looking less wonky. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210420-214534_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210420-214534_Gallery.jpg
    751 KB · Views: 27
Hi Oatmeal and welcome. Your pics seem to show pretty normal stretch marks, probably mostly from pregnancy, combined with loose skin from your later weightloss. I can't even see the scars from your c-section. The bad news is that neither is likely to get a lot better without surgery but the good news is that a lot of women have stomachs like yours: it's not weird at all.

Hi Oatmeal, congratulations on your weight loss!

While your bmi is just over the threshold for "overweight" (the "normal" bmi range being 111-150 lbs for 5'5"), you are clearly more athletic than most so your stronger muscles already put you at a healthy body fat percentage. The loose skin on your stomach may look a *little* thinner with additional fat loss, but there really won't be a big difference without surgery. On the other hand, maintaining a leaner physique would likely require a stricter diet (rather than more exercise) and chasing that goal can cause or exacerbate eating disorders.

Cliff notes: I would not encourage you to lose or discourage you from losing additional weight. There are pros & cons to either route.

Hey Oatmeal, you have gotten some good advice from LaMa and Err. My only additional thought is that you are young enough that it may get a bit better on its own. I suggest you wait a while on the tummy tuck to see, particularly if you are thinking of losing more weight. And if you are contemplating another baby, I would ask the dr about that too. You might want to wait until your weight is stable and you are past childbearing years before considering the surgery.

And LaMa is right, it doesn't look so bad, not to others I know it might to you. We all have our imperfections, in the big picture yours seem minor.

Good job on your weight loss!

Hi Oatmeal and welcome. Your pics seem to show pretty normal stretch marks, probably mostly from pregnancy, combined with loose skin from your later weightloss. I can't even see the scars from your c-section. The bad news is that neither is likely to get a lot better without surgery but the good news is that a lot of women have stomachs like yours: it's not weird at all.
Yes c section Scar is pretty good covered by overhang a little. I've been trying to do derma roller and reduce stretch marks they have helped a little. Thanks for input I might discontinue trying to Button down on the strict diet as it is making me moody and frustrated. I have gotten a bench and barbel though and am going to start doing more lifting so hopefully I will see some improved results from that and I've been working on improving my running.

Hi Oatmeal, congratulations on your weight loss!

While your bmi is just over the threshold for "overweight" (the "normal" bmi range being 111-150 lbs for 5'5"), you are clearly more athletic than most so your stronger muscles already put you at a healthy body fat percentage. The loose skin on your stomach may look a *little* thinner with additional fat loss, but there really won't be a big difference without surgery. On the other hand, maintaining a leaner physique would likely require a stricter diet (rather than more exercise) and chasing that goal can cause or exacerbate eating disorders. Sometimes I put 5' 6" or or 5 5 1/2" because I'm a bit above 5.5 on bmi charts so I can get that "normal" assurance I'm going to try it does seem hard for me to maintain under 155. 155 is pretty simple to maintain.

Cliff notes: I would not encourage you to lose or discourage you from losing additional weight. There are pros & cons to either route.
Yes I have been feeling the mental stress from the dieting I've been doing last week or so and may discontinue it.

Hey Oatmeal, you have gotten some good advice from LaMa and Err. My only additional thought is that you are young enough that it may get a bit better on its own. I suggest you wait a while on the tummy tuck to see, particularly if you are thinking of losing more weight. And if you are contemplating another baby, I would ask the dr about that too. You might want to wait until your weight is stable and you are past childbearing years before considering the surgery.

And LaMa is right, it doesn't look so bad, not to others I know it might to you. We all have our imperfections, in the big picture yours seem minor.

Good job on your weight loss!
Thanks I really don't want to get surgery but may consider it down the road. I wish I would be able to do it on my own by putting in the work but if it's too unattainable to do on my own at least maybe I can set my mind at ease and accept it. I'm still proud and feel so healthy and fit. I'm back to my pre pregnancy weight but way more in shape.

I'm still proud and feel so healthy and fit.
That's what really matters, you are young, give the skin some time. It may improve, you may just accept it, or you may want surgery. Anyway you go will be fine so long as you keep feeling proud and healthy!

I'm still proud and feel so healthy and fit. I'm back to my pre pregnancy weight but way more in shape.
That's awesome, congratulations! Your child will care much more about how much you're able to run around with them than about how smooth your stomach is. And I hope we can get to a society some day where we all think that way.

That's awesome, congratulations! Your child will care much more about how much you're able to run around with them than about how smooth your stomach is. And I hope we can get to a society some day where we all think that way.
:iagree: with LaMa whole-heartedly!

Back