Why not do HIIT on consecutive days?

I've read in a few threads where some people have said it's not recommended to do HIIT back-to-back for the purpose of resistance training. What about someone in my situation trying to lose some weight? Wouldn't it be beneficial to do it everyday for the incredible amount of calories it burns off?

I don't actually know the fundamental reasoning behind it either. I can kind of understand the idea of not wanting to stress out your body, but coming from a athletic point of view, that kind of goes out the window.

Wrestling, football, soccer, track; all of these practice roughly five consecutive days a week for roughly three hours a day. A decent chunk of that being high intensity.

If there's a logical reason for not doing it daily, I'd also like to know why.

Your body will not recover as quickly as the professional athlete's. When you become fitter then yes, but not now. Those athletes have been doing that type of exercise for years, and from a young age, almost every day. Even their training does not involve HIIT all the time. Be patient and you will reach your goals, the aim of is not to get injured.

You can if you want. I did hit 6 days a week for 3 weeks and lost about 5 pounds of fat wasn't soar, achy or anything. I sure don't see what's wrong with it!

If you are worried about it because of resistance training, don't be. As long as you do the resistance training FIRST you'll be ok.

Back