Why I run

Why I run...

I use to cycle a lot and recently (approx. 1 year ago) started running. I never ran before as I have asthma and really struggled while running, so gave up quite quickly. I then decided to have another go and started of running short distances. Now 1 year on - I do approx. 4 miles per day 5 days a week. On the weekends I run around the farm areas - approx. 7 miles. I don't run very fast as I have inflamed ligaments in my knee - so approx. 5.5 to 6 mph. When I started running, I had to use my inhaler - couldn't keep going without it. Since Jan 2014 - I have no used my inhaler once. I can run for approx. 30 mins without stopping and to me that is a great personal achievement.

I also run so I can eat the occasional cake, cookie etc. Not vast obscene amounts, just a slice now and again. (I love to bake - to keep me out of temptations way - I donate most of it to the primary school or take it to my office)

My point is - keep on running...run run run...numerous benefits. Enjoy!!

Running is sometimes good for health but for asthma patients is not that good I suppose...

Running is best to keep body fit. Also, coffee mobilizes free fatty acids, which can then be oxidized during exercises.
_________

Back