Who else is into IF?

Derekzife

Intermittent Fasting has been producing quite a good number of results for people as I see online, but how do one start with this if they plan to start?

There are several members who do IF on the forum, I suggest you take a look at https://www.fitness.com/en/forum/threads/intermittent-fasting-club.382964/

start by looking at either side of your sleep cycle. that should be a free 6-8 hours of fasting time. by far the most frequent window used by most starts with breakfast around the tradition lunchtime (noonish)... there's another 4-5 hours. the hardest part for me was the last step... rolling back any late night snacking.... which includes late night drinking (caloric beverages... aka alcohol). eventually you should be able to get to a six to eight hour eating window... again, the most popular hours would be starting at ~noon... ending at 6-8 pm.

get into it slowly. don't try to have extreme 20/4 (fasting hrs/ eating window) days at first. with dieting there is always that early eagerness. with IF it will lead to failure. even getting used to 12 hours/ day fasting hours will be a good start. it took me a few weeks to have consistent 16/8 to 18/6 intermittent fasting days.

starting .... the first few weeks... may not show much progress. this is natural. it takes your body some time to turn things around. there is always a lag in both weight loss and weight gain. one last tip... cut added sugar (processed food) out severely/ completely. good luck.

Back