Where is the Muscle?

patzsmith

Even before I got fat I was skinny and weak. No muscle. Many, not all, of my peers looked like the bodies you see in any human anatomy book, with all muscle visible and built. Not me. From as early on as I can remember. As I hit puberty, the fat and cellulite became more and more. I was a very active (sports, hiking, running) kid up through college, so I was able to maintain my weight. But I had fat and cellulite everywhere, even though I was thin. I have spent years in the gym working out with buddies doing the same reps and eating plenty of quality protein and nutrients, but relative to my peer counterparts, had and still have very little visible muscle. Which makes no sense.

All I ever hear is all I have to do to look ripped and muscular like any human body in any scientific human body anatomy book is properly manage and maintain my weight well within my BMI weight range. When I was young and at the lower end of my BMi range, i mean skinny, I did not look like the anatomy books said I did. When i questioned my doctor, they said i was healthy and normal (no body malformations or the like) and had nothing to worry about. What? That does not answer my question nor explain things at all.

Now that i am older and I am well within safe BMi, ( I am 5'11" and 160 pounds) i still have fat and cellulite all over my body, even after years of weightlifting regularly. It seems like my body is missing muscle mass all over. And i am not the only one. I have spoken with other people at the gym like me, and they are baffled as well. Their doctors also have no real explanation, other than to lift more weight.

But if mainstream science is correct, and all I have to do to lose weight and look like a Henry Cavill or a Tom Brady, just like any science anatomy book human body with fully developed muscle and posture, is reduce calorie intake and increase calorie burn, then why does my body not look like a standard anatomy book human body? Especially with all the weightlifting and hard work over the years?

Does anyone else experience this and wonder why?

Information needed when asking for help

I will look at this more in depth tonight, I have to get to Uni now, but some of this was covered in your other thread.

Back