What to do with little time?

I am trying to get to the gym as much as possible, however my job hour are VERY demanding. Being in the military you would think I would be very healthy, but am about 30lbs over my desired weight and probly 15lbs over a healthy weight.
During my 12-16 hour days when I have trips instead of training, I sit in a vehicle with about 40lbs of gear on for 10 hours of it. My problem does not lie with my job, but with the little amout of time I have when I come home and want to go to the gym, or cleam or whatever. Days when we train, we have PT in the morning, but sometimes that is only once or twice a week. I have weekends off where I do go to the gym, and I usually try to give myself one day of "rest" on a long day during the week.
Along with lack of time to work out, I am unsure of what I should bring with me to eat on long days and how much, I am trying to keep the snacking to much factor on a trip down. I have currently been attempting my 'new' life changes for three weeks, including adding vitamins and supplaments, and have gained 5lbs.
Please if anyone has any advise I am all ears. Thank-you!!!

Calculate your BMR here

Search the forum for all kinds of good food. Also count the calorie intake and create a deficit. Atleast you will not gain weight this way.

The American College of Sports Medicine recommends that you participate in physical activity 3-5 days per week for 20-60 minutes. I would recommend that you make a point to get at least the minimal exercise. Eating healthy is only part of things. To lose weight in a healthy manner you need to combine exercise with a good balanced diet. Remember that in order to lose 1 lb you need to create a deficit of 3500 calories. Healthy snacks that you can take during the day may include baby carrots, an apple, a granola bar or other things that are similar.

Back