What good Interval Training can I do on the Rowing Machine?

Hey everyone!

Im new to this forum...

I usually do Sprint Interval Training, but im now considering doing it on the Rowing Machine.
I was wondering if you can recommend me a good Interval Training program that I can do on the Rowing Machine?

Is this any good...
50secs Low Intensity, 35secs Hit Intensity. (Repeat 8 times).

Is this any good?

Is there a better one?

Thanks!

The hardest interval workout for me personally is 1 min off, 1 min on for 30ish minutes.

The 1 min off seems to go by a lot quicker than the high intensity minute.

I always find it hard to get up to speed on the rowers as th rope seems to sag too much and band about making my rowing pointless as the rope doesn't always trail back to the coil in time. I did once try with one arm which could be worth a go but its hard to get the right angle for the machine.

I wonder if they will ever develop a rower which is tad more realistic when compared to real life rowing which takes alot more effort and where the conditions eg tide and water direction can really maje a difference.

depends on what you want out of your training, do you want to just be fitter or actually looking to be like at athlete level?

Yaa..First you should decide the look that you want for you because it's important to know your insticnt.
50secs Low Intensity, 35secs Hit Intensity is good as a regular exercise.

Back