What bothers you the most?

Carlos5

Hey everyone :)

I'm new to the forum here and I just wanted to ask

Whats your biggest frustrations about weight loss?
Also, whats your biggest fear about weight loss?

I can tell you mine is sticking to anything because life gets in the way a lot :/
My fears include, not having time to do the things I like and the chance of falling into the same diet/exercise traps that never work...

What about you guys?

Whats your biggest frustrations about weight loss?
Also, whats your biggest fear about weight loss?

I can tell you mine is sticking to anything because life gets in the way a lot :/
My fears include, not having time to do the things I like and the chance of falling into the same diet/exercise traps that never work...
I'm not sure I'm understanding your wording.
Your answers don't match how I'm reading your questions.
These would be my answers though:
Fear about weight loss: only the slight embarrassment that comes with telling people that "I'm trying to lose weight". It's sort of unmanly
Frustrations about weight loss: That I can't control my hunger as much as I'd like.

I understand the "life getting in the way" issue. That's a big issue for me. I get home late many nights and have 2 young kids. We also have family out of state and go visit often. It's hard to stick with it traveling.

One of my frustrations: Once you tell people you're trying to lose weight everyone suddenly becomes a freaking expert and tells you all kinds of crap. I just smile and say thanks because I know they're just being helpful.

Another frustration: Even after telling family members I'm trying to lose weight, they continue trying to get me to eat stuff I shouldn't. I feel like saying, "What did I just tell you?" I just smile and say no thanks and stick with my plan.

Fear: That one of these days I'll be overweight and not be able to exercise. At 42 and atarting out at 306, its been difficult with knees hurting, feet hurting, etc. but I'm still able to push myself with exercise. I just hope I can continue.

My biggest frustration with weight loss is that I feel like it takes SO long to get anywhere, but I'm able to basically ruin my body and gain weight so quickly.
I went to the gym for about four months, and I was gaining some muscle and toning. Within like a month of not going, I lost most of my arm and leg definition.
It's just frustrating.

Another thing that's frustrating in a weird way, is when people who haven't seen me in a while say things like "WOW you're SO LUCKY you lost weight, you look so good!"
LUCKY??? Do you think this weight loss came from luck??? Arggghhh.

Frustration: The fact that even though people KNOW that I'm trying to lose weight, they still think that I'm going to eat the way I did before.
Fear: It may sound stupid, but I am afraid of the way people are going to treat me when I hit my goal weight. I have heard that people treat you WAY differently, and I'm just disgusted knowing that some of the people I'll meet in the future would never have talked to the 'fat' me.

It feels good to read others fears and frustrations. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one in the boat.

Frustration: Just my own negativity. I'm a pretty positive person but I'm extremely hard on myself at times. Way too hard. It's not good. I'm on a different (BETTER) lifestyle path! There's going to be bumps but just have to keep trucking through.

Fears: I posted about this in my journal a few days ago but just the feeling sometimes I get that I'm in "rehab". That one day I'm just going to stop and quit working out and go back to my old habits.

Back