Weight Loss with Gall Bladder Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

loser

Hello, everyone. :)

I want to lose some weight. I am around 5'11''/6' and 200lbs. I am right in the middle of the overweight BMI range right now, and I want to be in the 170s to be in the healthy range.

But I have a problem. About a year ago, I decided to lose weight by restricting calories. But I overdid it a bit. (And didn't do any research beforehand.) I lost about 15lbs in just a few weeks, but I gained gall bladder issues. Now, on paper, I am an unlikely candidate for that, cuz I'm a young man, and gall bladder problems are most common with middle-aged women, but it runs in my family. And I read that sudden weight loss can trigger the problems.

So, I want to lose weight without harming my gall bladder. I really don't want to get the gall bladder removed or get any gall stones, cuz stones are a risk for gall bladder cancer and getting your gall bladder removed is a risk for pancreatic cancer. Also, in my family, when you get your gall bladder removed, you tend to get nauseated after every meal and have stomach pain and it's not nice. Oh, and, it's harder for you to breakdown fat, so you end up gaining weight.

Hi
this is my first time that I write on this forum so be mercy with me and my english.
Gall bladder stone are frequent during fast weight loss. Do you have any idea of what kind of stone did you suffer?
If with cholesterol you can try to reduce the its intake and eat food that reduce its absorption before start a new diet.
How much time did you spend to lose 15 lbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back