Weight loss with asthma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael_J1

Hello everyone,
I have already successfully lost about 5 kilos in 1 month. I have achieved a loss from 99 to 94 kilos, with currently about 38 % of muscle amount. I have changed diet to low GI with a high protein amount and switched mostly to vegetable oils.
I would like to continue, but my moderate asthma is keeping me back in endurance training. I have my medication, but I want to keep it as low as possible, because I have learned that it can backfire pretty easily with other side affects.
So far I exercise HIIT, which is a suitable workaround, but I would like to improve my endurance too.
Do you know some dietary tips or some exercise packages, which could help me in my effort?
I have read some information about lowering omega-6 intake, but scientific studies are inconclusive. Some scientists argue that this mechanism works only in animals, but human biology is totally different.
Should I increase intake of some minerals, vitamins, enzymes, amino acids or other substances?
I would like to learn some lessons from some successful people who has the same issues like me.
Thanks in advance
Michael

Hi Micheal
please be mercy with my english. You got a very good goal, 5 kg is very wonderful.
Continuing your workout with your current diet and you will improve your endurance too.
For asthma problem I don't Know how it interact with diet but I will study a bit on pubmed and I 'll give you sooner an answer.

for now keep up
Bye

Alberto

If asthma is a problem, try frequent steam inhalation which will sooth your lungs, or take sauna baths because it will open your airways.. try it after a workout and see if your condition improves

Hi Friend,

I share your pain, i know what it feels like trying hard to lose weight coupled with asthma. Teach yourself to eat slowly
The expression “losing your breath” doesn’t even come close to describing the sensation of having an asthma attack while working out.

Worse still, if it is allergy season or very cold outside, exercising outdoors can be out of the question. Fortunately, there is hope. There are many ways that people with asthma can drop unhealthy weight, whether they are obese or just want to be healthier

1. Weight and chart progressively
2. Plan your meal: Try to cut your total calories daily say by 500 calories
3. Plan your Snacks.

Best exercises for asthma includes but not limited to walking, running on threadmill,indoor biking, aerobics. start a few minutes daily and ramp off from there.

importantly consult your physician on the appropriate exercise for you based on the aformentioned tips.

Hope this works.

Thank you for advices. I am trying to keep up according to them. I have managed to lose another 3 kilos down to 91.
It is pretty hard to exercise with asthma, indoors work outs are a must. High intensive interval training works the best, but my endurance is still struggling.
I was wondering whether you have experience with some anti-inflammatory diet. I have learned that Omega 3 acids could be a solution, but it is just not enough and fishes are rather expensive in my region. I know that cetirizine hydrochloride can decrease amount of histamine in your body and I was thinking that a natural alternative could be a solution.
I have included higher amount of raw onion into my diet due to low GI and a lot of valuable biological substances. Recently I have learned that onions and also apples contain quercentin. I feel just fine after introduction of natural antihistamine into my diet just by an accident.
I have read that tea, wine, stinging nettle, garlic, thyme, peppermint, ginger, capers, peaches, Chinese quince or mung bean sprouts could work also.
I have not been tested recently, but I hope that the positive impact could be clinically confirmed in my case. I will let you know in 1 month when my periodic examination will take place.
Can anyone else confirm positive effects of natural antihistamine food in the diet? Do you have some personal experience with natural antihistamines?
Is some food really causing inflammation or is that a myth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back