Weight loss when it gets harder

At a certain point in my workout I feel drained and want to give up. Am I right in saying that if I don't, and keep going, I'll be burning more fat than I was earlier?

You will not be using extra calorie just because you are training in a fatigued state but you are reducing the effectiveness of the training.

so the question become why are you feeling drained part the way through ? are you over training ? not eating enough to support your training effort ? going to hard/fast at the beginning of the workout ? illness ?

but you are reducing the effectiveness of the training.
Ok, why do you say so?
are you over training ?
Not sure. Don't think so. Just doing 1hr exercise sessions.
not eating enough to support your training effort ?
Potentially this. I am trying to maintain a negative energy balance...

going to hard/fast at the beginning of the workout ? illness ?
No to the second part. Usually I start with 10-20 mins of walking with some inclines. Then I do my LIIT jogging. Then back to the walking. Total of 1hr today.

Ok, why do you say so?
Mo comment was in relation to calories however

If it is CNS fatigue

The brain, in subconscious mode, modulates the number and frequency of activation of motor units through a stimulation strategy that will allow the completion of the task in the most efficient way while maintaining internal homeostasis (St Clair Gibson & Noakes 2004).

fewer motor units activated in a more efficient way = lower calorie burn and lower performance. Peripheral fatigue is a little different and has a faster recovery time.

fatigue should not be considered exclusively as a factor limiting performance, but rather as a protective mechanism for the neuromuscular system useful for avoiding dangerous exposure to trauma.

A smallish amount of fatigue is not a totally bad thing if training is planned appropriately with enough rest between training sessions to produce the super compensation effect for performance. Not enough rest time between training sessions with a total training load that is too high you end up overtraining and performance goes backwards with a much higher risk of injury.

Not sure. Don't think so. Just doing 1hr exercise sessions.

If you are training every day from a previously untrained state then it is possible to be over training depending on base fitness level. It takes time to build up training load. Would you consider your exercise to be moderate for you or vigorous ? (Talk test, moderate = able to talk during exercise, Vigorous = not comfortable to talk, High = Very difficult to talk) more precision can be achieved if you know % of HR max used in the exercise or % of Heart Rate Reserve

Potentially this. I am trying to maintain a negative energy balance...
This is where meal timing becomes important, having a meal about an hour before training is good, some people will have a quickly digestible carb snack a few minutes before training.

Back