Weight-Loss Weight loss- what diet rules

Weight-Loss

FoodC

Some of you want to lose weight. What trick do you use? What diet rules? Does anyone of you use a nutritionist's help?
Do you guys have your own nutrition rules or maybe some of you considering about go to nutritionist?

What trick do you use?
I eat fewer calories than I burn. The only way I know of to lose weight. Tricks can help control hunger and cravings, but only if they keep the calories down. The only "trick" I can think of that I use is low calorie snacks between meals and in the evening, times I get hungry.
Does anyone of you use a nutritionist's help?
I don't; I think I am eating a relatively well balanced diet now. I got here with the advice of folks here on the forum. However, I think for some a nutritionist is probably a good idea.

Hey Food C, how are your holidays going? How are you?

Absolutely- If you doing good with your diet you can do this on your own :) that is really good! :)
Hey Food C, how are your holidays going? How are you?

I am great! I slowly coming back to daily routine.. :)
I can't talk about Christmas overeat because I can't eat that much. I mean I don't have enough place in my stomach for that so I just eat normal portions haha :)

As for me - I'm vegetarian, but that's out of fellow-feeling for animals, not to lose weight - anyway, I was living proof that vegetarians can get very over-weight!
I don't count calories; I do take note of the calories on packets of things, but I eat freely of fruit and most vegetables. Nearly all of my food is unprocessed, until I "process" it (ie cook it) myself. My biggest downfall is dairy - I have had to teach myself to go easy on cheese, especially.
I don't think I have any "tricks" - I do keep a close eye on my weight, though, and will skip an evening meal, or just have something very light, if I think it's getting more than I want.
I have never seen a nutritionist, but reading on this site is making me more aware of the need to be careful to get enough protein. I generally think that if I listen to my body closely enough, I'll eat right - but that's the trick, I guess - listening, realising what I really want, not what I momentarily think I want.

Food C - how about you? Do you have a diary here? I'm guessing you don't want or need to lose weight - do you have any particular eating schemes for any reason at all?

Back