Weight Loss After Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanthaMacG

Even though this forum seems a tad slow, I know it was the first place I went to as I've had two babies in two years! Being a mom is hard work and a lot of us feel the pressure to bounce back like a celebrity (without the luxury of a trainer, nutritionist, chef, fitness coach, nanny etc).

I'm going to try to post an article I come across every now and then specifically for those new moms here! It's a lot of work but as Arthur just turned 7 months old, I started going to the gym in the evenings 6 days/week (thankfully, I have a very helpful husband otherwise, this would be impossible) and eating healthy! I've currently lost about 15lbs and I'm well on my way to a healthier me.

Enjoy this article from [Link Removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice articule thou I find those kind of post more generic and really practical.
The issue is that the body changes a lot. Its noot as easy as it was before pregnancy. From my own experience what really helped me were monitor my eating while I was pregnant and that how I only gained 9.5 KG which is about 21 lbs. And no I wasn't haungry at all I just eat a lot veggies fruits.
My problem was after having a baby you dont have really a routin and you have a lot of guests (resturant). So my tip would be try make a scheduale and a routine for you as soon as possible after giving birth.

Losing the pregnancy weight (especially when you’ve gained more than the recommended amount of 25 to 45 pounds) is harder for some. Many new moms don’t realize that not losing the post baby weight fast enough, it could get a tremendous problem later on, because they could get overweight and even obese.

If within a year after giving birth you haven’t lost all the pregnancy weight, there is a great probability you to keep that weight permanently. I know it sounds scary, but all you need is a little push in the right direction.

If you desire to fix your body after birth you should carefully and controlled lose weight. When you were pregnant, you could have defined your eating habits to be supported your baby’s growth and development. But the After pregnancy, well suitable nutrition is still important especially if you feed your baby in breast. Making smart choices can promote healthy weight loss after pregnancy.
try to eat fruits, vegetables, monounsaturated fats, and whole grains for your healt. Foods high in fiber — as such fruits, vegetables, nuts and whole grains — provide you with many important nutrients while supporting you feel full longer. Beside eating small portions is connection with weight loss and weight balance over time. Do not skip meals or limit the amount of fruits and vegetables in your diet.Start excising slowly and simply. Don’t go it by yourself. Ask for other mothers to join you for a daily walk. Working out with others might keep motivating you.

Even though this forum seems a tad slow, I know it was the first place I went to as I've had two babies in two years! Being a mom is hard work and a lot of us feel the pressure to bounce back like a celebrity (without the luxury of a trainer, nutritionist, chef, fitness coach, nanny etc).

I'm going to try to post an article I come across every now and then specifically for those new moms here! It's a lot of work but as Arthur just turned 7 months old, I started going to the gym in the evenings 6 days/week (thankfully, I have a very helpful husband otherwise, this would be impossible) and eating healthy! I've currently lost about 15lbs and I'm well on my way to a healthier me.

Enjoy this article from [Link Removed]

Well done on the weight loss after the baby. Did you use a specific diet to do this?

My youngest is now a year and half and I find I’m having trouble with stubborn belly fat and mom pooch. I know I’ll never have the body I had before but I can get darn close! I tried just exercising (cardio only) but that wasn’t doing much. Once I changed my diet and started weight training, the changes were almost immediate! I wouldn’t say I’m on a paleo diet, but I’m only *trying to* eat fresh foods, nothing processed. Within a week I had only lost 3 lbs, but I had dropped a dress size. As for people asking you if you were still pregnant… I can totally relate! I had polyhydramnios (excess fluid) with my youngest and I still looked pregnant a good year after she was born. Try not to worry about it, the pooch will go away :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back