Weight Gain Powder

Hey, I just started lifting again(its been about a month break) and I want to start taking weight gain powder that oyu mix with water... I have access to it, I usually run about a half hour on the treadmill and lift -- is the weight gain powder a good idea or stupid and does it have any side affects/effects (meh) -- i dont have the product YET else i would look at the side... just want your guys opinion THANK YOU!

-matt

gainers are fine if thats all thats available. the problem is that they are full of sugar. many ppl have stopped using them or just use them pwo.

i stopped last year and started making my own using grinded oats, protein powder and flax oil.

abear - your mxture sounds interesting, how would you make and consume it?

I guess the ground oats would give it a lumpy consistency?

its simple xander.

on the weekends when i cook up my foods, i also take a coffee grinder and grind up enough oats and put them in seperate containers.

in the morning before i leave for work, i pour the oats in a shaker cup, then add everything else, shake and go. as i drink it, i just keep shaking.

last saturday i started with this one

oats
egg protein (chocolate)
liquid egg whites
flax oil
cappuncino (sp)
splenda
16 ozs water

i use splenda to cover the bland taste of the oats, so all i pretty much taste is the chocolate protein powder. its roughly about 450 calories.

some use strawberries and strawberry protein powder. some mix in bananas and peanut butter. you can make them any way you want them to come out to be or however you want them to taste. :)

Back