Weider Max Ultra

Anyone use one here and can you tell me how it holds up as far as wear and tear? SportMart is selling them for $299.99 so I went in and checked them out, obviously isn't up to par with BowFlex but is it really all that worse for the price comparrison?

-Steve

Anyone?

I came to this forum looking for the same info. I have been researching it and it looks like it is a Weider Vision with a lat and leg attachment built on. If anybody has used the Weider Max I would love to here your comments. $299.99 is a great price but if it's junk I will just pay more and get the Bowflex Sport or the Weider Crossbar. Hey IconSmithy, How did you like it when you tried it?

I only did a couple of bench presses and it moved fluidly; nice and smooth. My only concern was the floor model had considerable wear and tear on the bars due to the piece constructed to hold the bars. I don't know if this was due to misuse or what happens after a long period of use.

-Steve

My GF's brother just got one they are in the process of setting it up (got delayed due to a missing part) but I will be sure to try it out as soon as they get it set up and let ya all know what I think

drifta86 said:
My GF's brother just got one they are in the process of setting it up (got delayed due to a missing part) but I will be sure to try it out as soon as they get it set up and let ya all know what I think

Thanks drifta86! I hope the missing part is not a bad sign :rolleyes:

Same as the Crossbar?

I have been doing more research on this subject and im pretty sure that the Weider Max is almost identical to the new Crossbar they are selling on the Weider website. I looked at the pictures of both of them and there is very little difference. I called weider and the sales guy there told me he thinks they are basiclly the same machine. If that's the case I am going to give this thing a try. I have heard good reviews on the crossbar and the price is right!

I came to the same conclusion. For the price you just can't beat it. I am concerned about the wear on the bars but I'm going to customize some slip covers to protect them from the clip. I'm going to get mine this coming week on a less busy day; pretty excited about it.

-Steve

For $300 you can get an olympic weight set and a bench. If you scour the Sunday paper, you can get the weights, a bench and then you can go to Academy or whever and get a roman chair to do dips and ab work on.

Very true. For me though, The 240lbs of resistance, diversity of workouts, and compact fold-up this product offers can not be beat.

-Steve

My Husband and I put together our new FLEX GYM today. I love it. $250 w/s&h. I did alot of comparison shopping and this is a great deal. It has the complete works to do the Bowflex circuit.

Where can I find the DVD and exercixe Chart

Hi,
I bought the Weider Max Ultra system from my nephew. I don't have the chart or DVD to show me the 65 exercises the gym is capable of doing. Do you know where I could find these? Thanks.
Tammie

Back