Week 4: Gastric Balloon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopeful2

Hello all,

I just wanted to check in to tell others how it is going. I am eating more, and while the bulk of my diet is from soups, I can and have eaten just about anything that I want...within reason. I am still reading labels. Or, when I am out, I stick to salads or small portions of things that are generally good for me. I only drink water or tea without anything else in it. I have treated myself twice to instant hot chocolate on days that I only have soup and salads.

As of 4 weeks, I had lost 21 pounds. The last two weeks my weight loss has slowed, but I am guessing that that is a good thing. Most experts say that 1 - 2 pounds per week or less is healthy loss.

I am hoping to lose 20 more pounds as my doctor said that was possible, but I don't want to jinx myself. Basically, I set smaller weekly goals, and don't beat myself up too much if those goals aren't reached.

The only time I worry now is when my weight goes up (I only weigh myself first thing in the morning). This has happened twice now, but I blame that on constipation. Trying to drink more and more water, and adding an apple a day has helped with that a bit.

Oh, p.s. I had a slice of thin crust pizza the other day, and it was delicious. I try to walk a bit too, but I really don't have time to exercise every day right now. I know that as I transition to more food, I will have to step up my exercise regiment.

p.p.s. I am back into clothes that I have not worn for almost 9 years!!!!!!

I would love to hear from others how their gastric balloon experience has gone for them.

p.p.p.s. I am wondering if thoughts (fantasies really) of coca cola and McDonalds ever really goes away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back