Wanting to get in shape for summer

So here is the thing folks! Im 21 and 5'4" and I weigh approximately 160 lbs. Now, i also have a fairly curvey and muscular build from dance, gymnastics and softball growing up, but i definitly need to tone up! My goal weight is 120lbs. Is it possible to lose 40lbs by july? and what is the best way to go about it? I need help formulating a good exercise program that I can be consistent with. Also, Im trying the No Fat diet. But here is the catch, i love carbs....ahhh! I know! Any advice for a beginner would be great! Let me know!:D

I am no expert but I would cut carbs, work out everyday, reduce calorie intake, take vitamins and stay away from alcohol. Your body burns alcohol as a fuel before fat. Another good option would be to go to a doctor and ask him/her.

Let me start off by saying that by starting a diet now, you are doing a great thing. To be successful, you need to burn weight off slowly. Aim to lose no more than 1 lb per week; this will have you down to your goal weight by the summer. You must keep a consistent workout schedule though - make exercise a part of your DAILY routine - that's right, you should be exercising 7 days/week. If you work out less often than this, you will be more likely to give up because you won't be able to fully think of yourself as a physically fit individual. The more physically active you are, the stronger your view of yourself as a 'fit' individual will be, and the more likely you are to succeed in losing that 40 lbs.
Good luck and PLEASE keep us updated with your progress so we can help you if you run into trouble along the way!
-Tim

Back