Want to start running

I'm 15 years old and I have never really been into running, never trained just occasionally taken part in middle distance races, I have always been told I could be a good runner but have always been more into football and never taken notice of my running ability until recently when I did a 2.5 k in just under 8 minutes and a 5k in 18 minutes, I am also a very good sprinter but I suppose I would be better at middle distance, does anyone know any ways of training that I could improve in middle distance running? Thanks

That's a very respectable pace you have there. If that is with minimal training you will be good if you work for it.
Things to do are decide what distance(s) you want to be good at because running requires a balance of various things and you have to assess how much of each you need.

Weird distance runners, like I used to be, need stamina obviously but also want to carry minimal weight to make the running easier. I still run at a plod now but due to higher bodyweight I have dropped speed dramatically.
Full on sprinters don't have to worry as much about bodyweight but need masses of explosive power to cover distance fast.
Middle distance involves some of each. If you are at the lower end of distance you will need the power and can afford to carry more weight knowing it won't slow you down, failure to have the power would mean being left behind. The longer the distance the less reliant you will be on power and the more you have to consider your weight.
It's easy to see this when you look at olympic athletes at different distances. They are generally pretty lean and muscular but the longer the distance the smaller they get.

Training starts with the obvious, get running. Do regular runs that are the distance you want, slightly above or below.
Add in interval training, this can be long of short burst training so minute fast, minute slow or the HIIT systems using 20 second bursts with recovery varying from 10 seconds to 2 minutes, personally prefer 2 minutes but this is personal choice.
You will also be well served doing a well balanced set of circuit training using weights and explosive movements. Being sure to keep the intensities at a level that will not mess your bones up, they will not have fused yet, so treat them well.
There are various other types of thing you can do to support your running, aerobics classes, pilates or dance to give you mobility and control, body pump to give you endurance. All of it will help and keep your training interesting. Make sure instructors know your age and aims and they will be better able to tell you the level to aim for.
In the same way as football training didn't just involve kicking a ball running requires you to train outside of running too.

Back