upper body weight problems

Miss Nashon

Hello guys. My name is Ruth, 23 and I'm new here. I have been on a weight loss journey since July 2021. My biggest problem has been with upper body weight. I was a little laid back during the holidays so I regained a lot of the weight I had previously lost which I am dealing with now. I have noticed that I mostly gain weight on my upper body. This came with the use of birth control as before that I would gain and loose weight all over the body. I have been using these videos from YouTube which have helped a lot over the last one month. I find that I have to do intense workouts to deal with the weight, something I never experienced before being on Birth control. Any other ladies here experiencing the same?
Thank you

The women my family tend to hold weight in their lower body more when they use hormonal birth control. So it's quite possible that it has an influence.

Hi, Ruth & welcome to the forum 😊 I haven’t had a similar experience but just wanted to welcome you.

wrong section i guess to find a solution on it, anyway upper body or losing weight in certin places in body is kinda hard, also depends on your body type.

the best way here is to go to gym, there is a workouts that helps upper body, like bodybuilding sets but don't have much weight, bodybuilding training gives you strong muscles, means burning more fats in the area.

again, its about your body type and how your body react on exercises and diets. I hope this help even if it's a little.

also try to post in the right section so you can get help correctly.

good luck :)

Welcome Ruth!

I am not a woman and my body weight problem was, and to some extent still is, pretty well distributed... Belly is the worst.

You will find friendly people and support here, even from folks without the specific expertise you ask about.

Back