TXdazE's diary

TXdazE

My goal is to lose 15-20 lbs. I'm at 142 right now. Hopefully, knowing that I will be posting my eating habits in this diary, it will keep me from getting out of control. (with the exception of today) I stayed within my calorie limit; however, I didn't eat the healthiest choices. The weekends are usually pretty tough, since we eat out a lot. My goal is to stick to the following calorie limits each day:

mon: 1400 cals
tue: 1300 cals
wed: 1600 cals
thurs: 1400 cals
fri: 2000 cals
sat: 1300 cals
sun: 1600 cals

I had a friend on weight watchers who followed a "wendi's plan" modification.. it seemed to work.. I've converted it to calories instead of points. I tried the points thing.. I wasn't too keen about it. I'm more comfortable counting calories. It's a lot easier for me.. plus I've been doing it for two years.

I'll come back and post my foods for today .. gotta get my six year old to bed. :)

Awesome goal. I know how you feel, I'm trying to lose the same amount and I weight about the same. Mine really aren't because of health, they are more or less self motivation pounds :) nice that you have joined the forums :)

welcome to the forum and Good Luck with your goal.

Your plan looks simple enough, if you are already used to counting calories. Keep us posted - I look forward to reading more:)

Okay.. i didnt make it back to the computer last night to post my food journal for yesterday, so here goes.. don't get scared now:

breakfast: (more like brunch, around 11am)
bean and cheese breakfast taco ( ~296 cals/12 fat)
chorizo & egg breakfast taco (~ 253 cals/13 fat )
8 oz orange juice (110 cals/0 fat)

lunch: (skipped, since i ate a late breakfast) drank glass of water only

dinner: :D 2 slices of Papa John's pepperoni pizza ( 694 cals/30 fat)

Snack: cup of Strawberries & Cream ice cream ( 160 cals/7 fat)
(ice cream is an incredible weakness for me ;) )

Oddly enough, I stayed within my caloric limit of 1600. My total for yesterday was 1513 cals. My goal for this week is, of course, to stay within my caloric limits.. but to definitely go easy on the fast food! :p

HI there,

please don't forget that your body needs nutrition as well and try to add some fruit and veggies to your diet and also some more protein might be a good idea.

Other than that - congrats for staying within your limits:)

Thanks for the advice, Lisa! :)

I actually do know how to eat healthy.. if you can believe it after Sunday's meals ;)

I was almost embarrassed to start my log w/sunday.. but oh well, gotta start somewhere... This is why I'm here! I have been just a little stressed out at work.. and I seem to be taking it out on my eating habits which I know is not good. I feel better this week.. not so pressured. I'm confident I will adjust my eating habits back to normal and lose some pounds!! If I did it once, I can do it again!

(just getting myself pumped up, there :p )

Anyways, here is my food log for yesterday, Monday, Dec 7th:

breakfast: caramel latte 12 oz (150 cals/7.5 fat) - these are going to be hard to give up... can't do that yet :eek:
strawberry yogurt (170 cals/1.5 fat)

lunch: fish w/broccoli & macaroni frozen dinner (450 cals/18 fat)

snack: 3 Hershey mini's (135 cals/7.5 fat)

dinner: cup of spaghetti (260 cals/2 fat)

snack: 8 Nilla wafers (140 cals/6 fat) and a banana (~112 cals/0.3 fat)

goal for monday was 1400 cals... I came in at 1417 cals and 42.8 fat

As for exercise.. I didn't get to get on my elliptical last night, but I did do the stairs at work. I went up and down 8 flights of stairs twice. Something is better than nothing, right? :rolleyes:

Here are my entries for today:

breakfast: 8 oz caramel latte (100 cals/5 fat) - went for a smaller serving compared to yesterday
lowfat strawberry yogurt (170 cals/1.5 fat)

Lunch: turkey sandwich filled w/lettuce, tomato, onion, and avocado (yum!)
(240 cals/6 fat)
1/2 choc chip cookie ( I split it w/a co-worker) ~109 cals/4 fat
8 oz orange juice (110 cals/0 fat)

Dinner: omelette w/one whole egg + 3 egg whites (w/tomato, onion, cilantro & shredded cheddar cheese) ( 225 cals/14.5 fat)

Snack: apple (~73 cals/ 0.3 fat)

today's goal was 1300 cals.. I only ate 1027 cals/31.3 fat :(

exercise: 20 min elliptical - burned 150 cals

My entries for yesterday, Wed Dec 8th: :)

breakfast: 8 oz caramel latte (100 cals/5 fat)
biscuit (190/9)

snack: lowfat strawberry yogurt (170/1.5)

lunch: grilled chicken sandwich (290/6)
cabbage (53/3)

snack: 3 Hershey mini's (135/7.5)

dinner: 2 tuna sandwiches w/lettuce, tomato, pickles (395/3)

goal for wednesday was 1600 cals.. only got to 1333 cals/35 fat

I almost had to force the second tuna sandwich to at least eat more than 1200 calories. I didn't want to have two days in a row w/less than 1200. I don't want my metabolism to go into starvation mode.. not sure how long that takes but I made an extra effort to eat a little more today.. will post today's meals later.

didn't get to exercise on wednesday.. got caught up watching the spurs basketball game, even though they lost :(

Back