Trying to loose fat ... beein trying for 8 months now...

Hi everybody,

well i have an interesting situation and i was wondering if i could get some tips.

About 8 months ago i was 190 lbs with barely any muscle. I realized that was too much and i worked out like nuts got that down to about 150 lbs. So i lost abt 2.5 inches on that good ol' waiste line and everything was awsome. I'm a 18 yr old male and for the past 3 months i've started to really do some serious strenght training.

I have 3 areas of "concerns":
1) Chest
2) Belly
3) Thigs.

I've geared my workouts to workout in those areas mianly, plus pull ups and dips for bi's and triceps. But i do squats, chest press (machines , incline and decline) as well as leg press regularaly.

Now i still have baby fat that i would like to get rid of. I've kept a control on my diet limiting myself to healthy stuff and i have been eating good. People say i should maintain a heartrate of about 135 - 140 bpm to burn fat. However i've been doing cardio with my heart rate @ 175+ for 28 min for the past 3 months. Has that all gone to waste?? My aim to just burn fat... What about the resistance levels on cross trainers and treadmills?

So in short all i'm trying to say is that based on a cardio work out , what is the best technique to loose fat?? Especially near the hamstring/butt area.

This whole "fat burning" setting on treadmills and other machines... does it actually "burn fat" because the faster you go... the more calories you burn. And going slow just doesn't make sense to me. Ofcourse i'm probably wrong which is why i'm askin all of you guys out there.

Thanks alot everyone, appreciate it.

Thanks...

Thanks m8,

i just read up on stuff about HIIT. hmm one thing i noted was that during cardio.. the body goes into "steady state" so regardless of how fast i might go, i'm still not burning the optimum ammount of fat! So its best to "trick" your body by changing the speed and/or intensity through HIIT. sweet! Lets give this a shot for a month or so. heck it wont hurt!

This type of exercise not only burns a lot of calories while you are working out, but also tremendously speeds up your metabolism and keeps it revved up for some time after your workout.

:D

HIIT

That was a very helpful article...I'm going to start today at the gym...guess I should stop eating now to get ready...:rolleyes:

:D

Back