Trouble gaining weight

Hello everyone, I'm new here.

I just wanted to start off by saying that I'm 5'8", and tired of being the skinny 140 lb. guy that I am. I already eat three times a day, with my third meal being right before I go to bed, and the foods are usually pakced full of calories.

I lift weights maybe two to three times a week. It's usually some pretty heavy lifting, but nothing too extreme.

I was a firm believer in the "freshman fifteen" when I came to college, but I put on about five pounds over my first year in school.

I'm lost; I want to gain weight, but I don't care about looking physically fit. I guess you could say that I'd prefer to look like I have more of an average body weight for my height.

Any suggestions?

Hi.
I would definately recommend eating more than 3 meals a day. At least 6 would be better. You can get more calories that way. I am a fitness competitor (so yes I'm female) and for part of the year I go on mass building cycles. For those times I eat 8-10 meals a day just to get my calories in. Also, do you use any supplements?

Keep lifting those heavy weights too. I have a super hard time putting on weight, so I understand the frustration.

Sarah

I don't take any supplements, would they help do you think?

Also, I started to eat a lot more lately and have put on about 7 pounds since my last visit, but i'm still fairly skinny.

Also, do I have to keep up those eating habits to maintain the new weight?

Hi i'm new here my self and i hear what your saying i don't work out any more, and thats my fault lack of motivation but my main problem was holding the food down i just can't do it it doesn't stay i don't know if your the same way but matabalisom is a big part if i can slow it down i think i'll be ok. do u have that problem? thank you.

Eat. Work out and eat.

You dont necessarily have to eat 6 times a day but it does help if you cant eat a large enough serving 3x. You need to be eating more calories than what your body requires to maintain its current weight. But you dont JUST want to add fat (unless your body fat percentage is too low).

So, eat big, and workout full body say 3x a week. You WILL put the weight on. Try something like fitday.com to track what you eat and make sure you're getting enough food and a good balance.

Back