Training for a 10K - anyone have a favorite free training plan website?

There are lots of great resources online for training plans - but not all of them are free.

Anyone have a favorite free website that will develop a training plan for you?

I've heard a few people using Couch to 10k, but most folks I know just run.

We own the book Jack Daniels Running Formula and it has a number of training plans as well as a wealth of information and super interesting tidbits. We just leave it by the bed and I open it on a whim and invariably read something interesting and usually useful. I like The Lore of Running by Timothy Noakes for the same reason. Actually, I think I like Noakes better. Anyway, if you are into running and a book kind of person, I'd recommend either or both.

I don't know any sites, but if you can give me details of your targets and current acivities and performance I can help you.
Obviously injuries etc. all have to be considered.
I was a natural beenpole so distance running was easy for me, and I was unusual in that even though I was getting good times I took advice from a coach who told me my technique needed adjustment. Now I am not far from half that weight heavier and still run, but not as fast or far. The advantage of getting the coaching and correcting my technique is no injuries at all from running even with the additional weight.

Back