Total Trainer owners?

What can you say about your experiences with the Total Trainer?

I'm looking at the DLXIII or the Power Pro 5000.

I was looking to make one first and final purchase, so I was hoping that the TT would be it.

I've been reading on Vigorfit, but I'm not too ecstatic about it and have more interest right now in the TT.

I'm not seeing the big difference between the monorail as opposed to the dual rail.

Background:
I'm 5'6, and i'm looking to get my whole body ready for the upcoming tennis season in February. I want to buy something that will last me a long time and the TT looks like it's built very strong. It looks much sturdier than the Vigorfit.

Last edited:
Are you talking about the Total Trainer from I was looking at their site and I had some questions about it. It looks like a great all over machine to me and from what I have read in my research it seems to produce results. Have you had a chance since youve posted this to speak with anyone about this machine/Bayou Fitness' service?

Last edited:
I actually bought the Power Pro 5000 on Ebay (monorail version).

It's built VERY VERY VERY sturdy. It's kind of huge because I got the monorail version, but evferything seems to be working great. The aluminimum monorail is smooth, the chrome is nice and should last a long time if maintained. Comes with nice cushion on the grips for the shoulder attachment, the footboard is strong but I haven't tested it with someone heavier than I. It's really easy to setup and put apart. One thing I will say though is watch out when putting it away, because when you pull the lever to release the back end, it might fall on your head. It IS a little heavy to lift up the machine to go from resistance 1 to 12. So if you're older and weaker, you might have a struggle to lift it up to the highest level. Then again if you're already strong enough to do the highest level exercises, you shouldn't have a problem.

Only things i've noticed:
When you're doing exercises, the wheels will bump going UPWARD(in the middle where the ramp connects) on the ramp. If you go too fast, sometimes you might notice the noise but overall it's given me a very good workout. If you set this thing up on a carpet, be careful because if you try to go TOO INTENSE or FAST, the machine will move with the wheel and the carpet will follow. The wheels are smooth, and makes it easy to roll from one place to another. But when I tried to do my exercises very fast (like punching left and right), the machine started moving with me and the carpet. If I had it on solid ground or carpet that was held to the ground, don't think I would've had this issue.

The leg exercises are more effective when you're doing one leg at a time, but I suggest getting more freeweights. Shoulder exercises are hard to do if you put the shoulder bar at the bottom of the ramp and using maximum resistance.

ask more if you want to know more and I can take some pics. I've had it for a week and no complaints from me. The onyl thing that I had a issue with was one of the situp foot trays was loose, but I e-mailed bayou and they instructed me on how to tighten it so it's fine.

Last edited:
Back