too many calories

Sophie335

hi
i am 16 years old about 5ft 2 weigh 121 pounds wanting to get back down to 105 pounds (xmas weight gain :mad: )
i am a runner - i train every day and run between 4km and 10 km each day. i walk for about 40 mins in total each day brisk walking too and do regular stairs.
how many caloris should i be consuming each day to enable me to lose weight?
please DONT refer me to spark people or fitday - i am not old enough to join it and they have both caught me out.
please can somebody help - i feel i am consuming too many.
thankyou !

I did a calculation, and you would maintain with 2156 calories at your current activity level.

Add a deficit of 500, and you'd end up eating 1656 calories a day to lose a pound a week. You could also try around 1400-1500 calories, I suppose, since you aren't very tall and I don't think that would provide too much of a risk.

Or you could possibly go back to how you were eating before the holidays, when you could maintain weight, and just add more exercise.

hi
i am 16 years old about 5ft 2 weigh 121 pounds wanting to get back down to 105 pounds (xmas weight gain :mad: )
i am a runner - i train every day and run between 4km and 10 km each day. i walk for about 40 mins in total each day brisk walking too and do regular stairs.
how many caloris should i be consuming each day to enable me to lose weight?
please DONT refer me to spark people or fitday - i am not old enough to join it and they have both caught me out.
please can somebody help - i feel i am consuming too many.
thankyou !

i can calculate for you, but i'll need your bodyfat percentage from a trainer or other qualified professional.

Or you could possibly go back to how you were eating before the holidays, when you could maintain weight, and just add more exercise.

i wouldn't recommend this. a person should work smarter, not harder to achieve his/her weightloss goal.

i wouldn't recommend this. a person should work smarter, not harder to achieve his/her weightloss goal.

*sigh*

What do you mean, smarter? Exercise burns calories. Eating how she ate before the weight gain and exercising would allow for her to lose weight without depriving her growing body of the nutrition it needs.

Sixteen year olds should NOT diet in the same way as thirty year olds. I'm sorry, but no.

*sigh*

What do you mean, smarter? Exercise burns calories. Eating how she ate before the weight gain and exercising would allow for her to lose weight without depriving her growing body of the nutrition it needs.

Sixteen year olds should NOT diet in the same way as thirty year olds. I'm sorry, but no.

smarter meaning you don't need to kill yourself from just running alone, for example. using active recovery methods will keep the calories burning while other muscles rest.

and you won't necessarily compromise good nutrition just because you reduce caloric intake.

i agree with your last statement, but mainly for males, as they keep growing til about age 25. females reach physical maturity at around the 16 to 17 year mark.

I can assure you i only started physical maturity at 15 - i was definatly not finished by 16!

Everyones different. If you want a professionals opinion then try going to a gym and seeing a trainer or dietition.

Doing stuff online only goes so far - we cant see you or measure you here.

thanks wishes and all :)
i have managed to calculate now and am sticking to 1400-1700 cals a day
then i will lose at least a pound per week
which im happy with
hope youre all having good weight loss

Back